Compare Kimley-Horn vs Langan Engineering and Environmental Services BETA

See how Langan Engineering and Environmental Services vs. Kimley-Horn compare on employee ratings, job openings, CEO approval, business outlook and more.

Employee Ratings

Overall Rating
(full-time and part-time employees only)
3.9
(based on 379 reviews)
4.1
(based on 205 reviews)
Career Opportunities
4.1
3.8
Compensation & Benefits
4.5
4.2
Work-life balance
2.6
3.3
Senior Management
3.9
4.0
Culture & Values
4.3
4.2
CEO Approval
Kimley-Horn Ceo 	Steve Lefton
96% Steve Lefton
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Ceo David T. Gockel
99%David T. Gockel
% Recommend to a friend
72%
78%
Positive Business Outlook
84%
75%

Salaries

Salaries for similar jobs
There are no salaries matching this company.

What Employees Say

Pros
"Profit sharing"(in 40 reviews)
"Great people"(in 32 reviews)
"Work environment"(in 24 reviews)
"Great people"(in 14 reviews)
Cons
"Work life balance"(in 81 reviews)
"Long hours"(in 43 reviews)
"Work life balance"(in 27 reviews)
"Long hours"(in 18 reviews)
Featured Review

Former Employee - Civil Analyst

I worked at Kimley-Horn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits. A firm full of highly intelligent engineers and professionals who really do love their work. Positive teamwork environment and communication all throughout the country. The firm does... well in staying connected with other offices in different regions.

Cons

Work KHulture is too much. There’s a big emphasis on getting to know everyone; almost as if your promotion and your ability to grow depends on it. Very toxic, almost KHult-like company culture. Also,... if you’re not extroverted and not willing to engage in small-talk daily, don’t expect to fit in. Also, preaching that you’re an “Extra-Effort” company does not justify the fact that you automatically expect individual to work 46-48 hours a week without compensation. UT is also very frustrating. Typical analysts can expect to have a UT goal of between 88%-96% depending on when you start. Having a 96% UT goal is ridiculous, because that only leaves you with a 4% remaining percentage for meetings, trainings, sick days, holidays, vacations, etc. You essentially have to work more hours to make up the hours you spent on PTO to meet your goal. Keep in mind, 4% of a typical work year, if we’re assuming a typical 40 hours/week job, equates to about 84 hours a year. 84 hours a year for meetings, trainings, sick days, holidays, vacations, etc. That is less than 2 hours per week for a year. I understand that working a salary job will often have you working over 40 hours a week, but UT goals and “Extra-Effort” makes it difficult to enjoy working overtime especially if you know you can’t take time off without making it up.

Advice to Management

Respect different personalities in the workspace. Also, provide more support and encouragement towards a healthy work-life balance. Being profitable is great and I understand Kimley-Horn is looking... to grow within the coming years, but also be more attentive when it comes to overworking your analysts.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

CAD Training, real-life work opportunities, work events

Cons

No cons for Langan Engineering

Job Postings