Compare Kimley-Horn vs Langan Engineering and Environmental Services BETASee how working at Kimley-Horn vs. Langan Engineering and Environmental Services compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Kimley-Horn vs. Langan Engineering and Environmental Services. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Kimley-Horn scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits and Culture & Values.
- Langan Engineering and Environmental Services scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Kimley-Horn.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.
- Kimley-Horn had 74 more reviews than Langan Engineering and Environmental Services that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
- Kimley-Horn had 39 more reviews than Langan Engineering and Environmental Services that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Kimley-Horn full-time for less than a year
Kimley-Horn is my first full-time position post-college. The onboarding process is really well streamlined; you get a reasonable grace period during your transition and different learning curves, and... people are really understanding towards new-hires. Everyone was always telling me, "I know it's a lot, but you'll get in the flow soon!" but it's really not that bad, because you're guided through everything. They also have a buddy system, so you're assigned to someone who'll show you around, take you to lunch, etc. I had like 3 people give me tours on my first day before my buddy even arrived--the people here are great. Which brings me to the culture. No one is going to give you the side eye for heading to the kitchen to get your 5th cup of coffee before noon. There's no such thing as micromanagement here; you're trusted to get the job done and do it on time and correctly. Likewise, I've never been afraid to ask questions or sit in on a call, or do something I've never done before. KH gives all new-hires an unlimited number of lunch coupons, which you put to use getting to know the more senior-level management (or anyone around the office really, I've made a friend or two doing this). I feel very taken care of mentally, which is not something every company can brag about. When KH landed on Fortune's 100 Top Companies to Work For list, they blast emailed everyone company-wide and gave EACH employee over $200 to spend at the KH store. I got the backpack. They have these awesome Workrite Ergonomics stand-up sit-down desks (the standard for great companies), and all the pens and highlighters you could ever need. Tons of notebooks and materials and resources to get your work done and stay organized. This is a company that will go the extra mile to ensure their employees are happy, healthy, and feel valued.
Hmmmm well I guess it would be nice to have a perfume bar in the bathroom or 2-ply toilet paper but that's not really a deal-breaker.
Advice to Management
You're rockin it
I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
The working environment is very nice
Location. near the penn station is hard to get there.