Compare McDonald's vs Boots BETASee how working at McDonald's vs. Boots compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at McDonald's vs. Boots. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- McDonald's scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Boots scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at McDonald's.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Boots.
- "Rude customers" was the most mentioned Con at McDonald's.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Boots.
I worked at Boots full-time for more than 5 years
Best place to work with ..learnt a lot ..had a great team at both lupset and chimes.
- Didn't get enough salary hike and a package. -in 2010, I was told that company will sponsor me working visa (Tier 2) and because of that I didn't find a new job .. in 2011, I was told that they... can't sponsor the visa due to frequent changes in government rules. I would be there by this time if the company had sponsored me the visa or they would have informed me earlier (I could have joined other organisations) and I didn't have to return to my home country after spending lot of money in completing master's.
Advice to Management
Use carrot theories for right employees or don't commit something to employees which you can't give..if you do so then you are playing with someone's career. Anyway that was lesson for me ..... Fortunately, I got a job in drug safety in my home country and got a chance to work with all big pharma companies.