Compare McKinsey & Company vs Rocket Internet BETASee how working at McKinsey & Company vs. Rocket Internet compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at McKinsey & Company vs. Rocket Internet. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- McKinsey & Company scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Rocket Internet scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at McKinsey & Company.
- "Fast paced" was the most mentioned Pro at Rocket Internet.
- McKinsey & Company had 167 more reviews than Rocket Internet that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I worked at Rocket Internet full-time for more than a year
You learn to focus on outcomes from day 1. You learn to take responsibility and ownership of everything you do. You learn rapid execution and data driven business decision-making. You learn about the... importance of learning! You will LEARN! I had a fantastic experience, worked for some great bosses.
High pressure, long hours. As Rocket is a very decentralised organisation and doesn't really have a unified culture a lot of your experience will depend on the quality of your direct boss. I was... extremely lucky; I know not everyone is as lucky.
Advice to Management
Be ready to deliver from day 1; be ready for ambitious targets. But on the flip side, you will be well-resourced, and you will work with smart people. You will learn a lot.