Compare Met Office vs Sponge BETASee how working at Met Office vs. Sponge compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Met Office vs. Sponge. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Met Office scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Sponge scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible working" was the most mentioned Pro at Met Office.
- "Civil service" was the most mentioned Con at Met Office.
I have been working at Sponge full-time for less than a year
Starting a new job during lockdown was an interesting experience (!) but Sponge have made it as painless as possible. I have been given all the tools needed for success and everyone is extremely... helpful and welcoming. Although I have yet to set foot in the office I already feel part of the team and my work is frequently recognised. My manager is absolutely fantastic - we have very open communication and she has already added so much value to my existing sales/account management skillset. She gives me regular feedback and we have weekly touchpoints which are very helpful. Sponge is a company that is going from strength to strength and I am confident there will be room for me to progress quicker than in other organisations in the area.
I genuinely cannot think of many downsides to working for Sponge other than the benefits package could have more in the way of holiday entitlement.
Advice to Management
Keep pushing the envelope with innovations of ways of working!