Compare Microsoft vs Facebook BETASee how working at Microsoft vs. Facebook compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Microsoft vs. Facebook. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Microsoft scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Facebook scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- Microsoft had 1,629 more reviews than Facebook that mentioned "Smart people" as a Pro.
- "Review system" was the most mentioned Con at Microsoft.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Facebook.
I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years
So many different areas to possibly work on. Do pioneering, fundamental work here in India with global impact. Amazing people Great work life balance
None that I can think of
Advice to Management
More agility and more risks.
I worked at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years
- It promotes openness and transparency - Still a lot less office politics than most other companies out there - Great perks and benefits - Overall a chilled and relaxed work environment - They... really care about their employees
- Not the same as it was five years ago. The age and expansion kind of affected the overall cool factor of the company - The offices outside India are much better in terms of following the Fb... culture than the India office currently