Compare OfficeMax vs Lowe's Home Improvement BETASee how working at OfficeMax vs. Lowe's Home Improvement compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at OfficeMax vs. Lowe's Home Improvement. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- OfficeMax scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Lowe's Home Improvement scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible schedule" was the most mentioned Pro at OfficeMax.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Lowe's Home Improvement.
- "Office depot" was the most mentioned Con at OfficeMax.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at Lowe's Home Improvement.
I have been working at Lowe's Home Improvement part-time for more than 10 years
*flexible hours, understanding management. Off for thanksgiving and christmas.
to be full time you have to have open availability which gives you limited time with your family. Have to work weekends.
Advice to Management
Communication is key. Keep communication with your employees whether good or bad but communicate in a friendly way.