Compare OfficeMax vs Ross Stores BETASee how working at OfficeMax vs. Ross Stores compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at OfficeMax vs. Ross Stores. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Ross Stores scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible schedule" was the most mentioned Pro at OfficeMax.
- "Employee discount" was the most mentioned Pro at Ross Stores.
- "Office depot" was the most mentioned Con at OfficeMax.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at Ross Stores.
I worked at Ross Stores part-time
Earning opportunity is great. A person willing to earn finds lots of opportunity to earn. The manager are very efficient and impartial. Respect and safety of employees were always concern for the... company. Lots of scope to hone skills in all the departments if one is willing. Leaders always explains thoroughly whenever asked to help.
Almost none as much as I can remember. The thefts were alarming. Sometimes threatening because impact of theft on company profit may end in loss of hours and even jobs for associates.
Advice to Management
Remain as you are as long as possible. Keep explaining work and benefits and safety and security.