Compare Rapid7 vs Kainos BETASee how working at Rapid7 vs. Kainos compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Rapid7 vs. Kainos. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Rapid7 scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Rapid7.
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at Kainos.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Rapid7.
- "Belfast" was the most mentioned Con at Kainos.
I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for more than a year
- Brilliant engineering managers who give timely feedback, mentor well and keep you in the loop - Amazing events organized by Workplace Experience Coordinators - Great higher level management -... Engineers are given time and resources to address technical debt - No micro-management; what matters is the work you deliver - Very flexible work-hours; as long as you attend your meetings and get your work done, no questions are asked - Realistic expectations meaning amazing work-life balance and low stress; if you so choose it (there's always more work to be done) - Great testing approach (TDD) which means high velocity and confidence in product along with frequent deployments - Great compensation and benefits: RSUs with frequent vesting, ESPP, yearly bonus, good life/health insurance, pension plan with great employee matching on contributions - Generally all great engineers in the office (few bad apples who have no attention to detail or aren't good collaborators or sadly both) - Engineers own the technical side, if you want to change anything you can as long as you get your pull request reviewed
- There's A LOT of legacy components and a lot of work to be done to be able to scale more efficiently and addressing technical debt - Office politics: if you're not liked by a clique of people at... the top you're probably screwed, you'll have a toxic employment and have people talking behind your back, there's certainly a few people you want to avoid as much as possible
Advice to Management
Keep up the great work!