Compare SmarterTravel vs Uncommon Goods BETASee how working at SmarterTravel vs. Uncommon Goods compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at SmarterTravel vs. Uncommon Goods. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- SmarterTravel scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at SmarterTravel.
- "Company lunches" was the most mentioned Pro at Uncommon Goods.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at SmarterTravel.
- "Team members" was the most mentioned Con at Uncommon Goods.
I have been working at SmarterTravel full-time for more than a year
-Part of the TripAdvisor family -Amazing and reputable brands: Airfarewatchdog, Oyster, SmarterTravel.com, Family Vacation Critic, Jetsetter, and What To Pack -Teams take accountability and are... passionate about their work -Free lunches are served 2x a week -Sweetgreen delivery outpost on other days of week -Great office location next to TD Garden -Consistently have All Hands with transparency into how business is going -Amazing upper management team with easy access (no closed-door policy) -Dog friendly office -Unlimited snacks -Good work environment -Stand-up desks and Balance Board rentals (to work on that core!) - Summer Fridays -Happy Hour 4pm Every Friday -Flexible work from home policy -Travel stipend that increases for each year you work -Potential for Restricted Stock Units -401k Matching Policy -Partnerships with many gyms around the city
-There was a morale issue when I first started, due to many employees moving over to the TripAdvisor side, which can be seen as a con. However, management took issues extremely seriously and have... implemented ways to improve morale. -Lunch options aren't always the healthiest, but I can't really complain about a free lunch
Advice to Management
Keep being transparent, it's appreciated!