Compare Telstra vs Optus BETASee how working at Telstra vs. Optus compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Telstra vs. Optus. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Telstra scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Optus scored higher in 7 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- Telstra had 172 more reviews than Optus that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Telstra had 36 more reviews than Optus that mentioned "Restructures" as a Con.
I have been working at Telstra full-time for more than a year
1) Pure Agile mindset with End 2 End responsibility with developers. Multiple areas to learn and grow within the team. 2) Get a clear understanding of Telecom business. You understand various... standards, practices etc. 3) Welcoming leadership. Leaders do not hesitate to interact and share their view points. Easily Approachable.
1) Less food options in the cafeteria.
I have been working at Optus full-time for more than 5 years
great people collaborative approach to things, excellence work life balanace
hard to do new things, lacking capability maturity in most things outside connectivity
Advice to Management
learn to promote from within