Compare University of Phoenix vs Western Governors University BETASee how working at University of Phoenix vs. Western Governors University compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at University of Phoenix vs. Western Governors University. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Western Governors University scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Good benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at University of Phoenix.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Western Governors University.
- "Enrollment" was the most mentioned Con at University of Phoenix.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Con at Western Governors University.
I worked at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 8 years
Even though I was part of a RIF, I still say this is a great company to work for. Groups generally work well together, there is transparency (as much as possible) and with almost a decade with the... school, and working elsewhere, I would recommend them to others. They support flexibility for workers where possible They have good community support Plenty of room for personal growth
Plenty of worker-bees, so at some point you can't get much "higher" without changing departments (which can be done).
I worked at Western Governors University
Awesome benefits, flexible work environment, nice co-workers and incentives to learn. The opportunities that WGU has provided me over the years have allowed me to continue my education and allow me... to grow not only as an employee but as a person.
Some of the management seemed unorganized. Although the business goal was clear, communication between middle management and the workers seemed to be missing. This allowed some processes to not be... followed correctly which ultimately results in confusion and uncertainty.
Advice to Management
Keep the objectives clear and make sure that everyone understands the overall goal for their team as well as their department. This will help increase employee awareness and confidence in what they... are doing