Compare Waste Management vs Gate Gourmet BETASee how working at Waste Management vs. Gate Gourmet compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Waste Management vs. Gate Gourmet. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Waste Management scored higher in 6 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Waste Management.
- "Free lunch" was the most mentioned Pro at Gate Gourmet.
- Waste Management had 70 more reviews than Gate Gourmet that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Waste Management full-time for more than 3 years
This is probably the best mid level job available in my area and I love it. If you are fully able to do labor and you have a strong work ethic then you will love it here. The work starts off tough,... but gets easier as your body adjusts. The management are all amazing and will absolutely help you and encourage you to do well and will treat you with respect as long as you work hard. This is not the job or company to be a call off slacker though so keep in mind your attendance and your efficiency. If you have strong work ethic and minimal call outs then you will do excellent here.
You are going to get bitten by bugs. You are going to get some cuts or scrapes and you will smell some horrible things, but all that doesn't happen TOO frequently. Be mindful of your surroundings and... you can avoid most of the downsides. Except the bugs. The bugs are hungry and they WILL find you.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you do, you guys are the best!