Compare Western Digital vs Seagate Technology BETASee how working at Western Digital vs. Seagate Technology compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Western Digital vs. Seagate Technology. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Western Digital scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Seagate Technology scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- Seagate Technology had 86 more reviews than Western Digital that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Western Digital had 18 more reviews than Seagate Technology that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Seagate Technology full-time for less than a year
Tech stack in Cloud Storage, Developing every thing in house from Hardware to Software Stack on top if it, Competent workforce, Deep Pockets, Internal switches to different departments possible.
Experience from teams to teams can be different, Few years into S/W stack and private cloud based offering.
Advice to Management
Invest in full stack software development, promote data intensive products/ software platforms, empower employees through their professional development and path breaking projects.