Compare Wilson Elser vs Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith BETASee how working at Wilson Elser vs. Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Wilson Elser vs. Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Wilson Elser scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Wilson Elser had 4 more reviews than Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- "Billable hours" was the most mentioned Con at Wilson Elser.
- "Secretaries" was the most mentioned Con at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.
I have been working at Wilson Elser full-time for more than a year
The resources a large firm can offer
A dead-end position with no opportunities for advancement or promotion Work-life balance Low compensation Feeling like a number and not appreciated by management Lack of training and general... instruction on office procedures for new hires
I worked at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith full-time for more than 3 years
Smart colleagues; unlimited PTO (but have to make your hours!); management largely hands off - free to run your cases as you see fit (also a con, see below); annual pay bumps; overall if you’re... looking for an insurance defense firm this is (IMO) the very best. People here are happier than people at other competitor firms.
HR is a disaster, very unorganized; management oversight largely depends on practice group so if you’re under a good managing partner you’ll love life, if the partner is high maintenance you may not... be happy; bonuses tied to your hours - could be a pro also