Compare YRC Freight vs R+L Carriers BETASee how working at YRC Freight vs. R+L Carriers compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at YRC Freight vs. R+L Carriers. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- YRC Freight scored higher in 1 area: Overall Rating.
- R+L Carriers scored higher in 7 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- YRC Freight had 25 more reviews than R+L Carriers that mentioned "Good pay" as a Pro.
- YRC Freight had 14 more reviews than R+L Carriers that mentioned "Decent pay" as a Pro.
- YRC Freight had 22 more reviews than R+L Carriers that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
I have been working at R+L Carriers full-time for more than 8 years
It’s truck driving. Heard it was a good place to work before getting there.
Communication is poor, drivers have to do all the talking to find things out and put in all the effort. Drivers are blamed for the mistakes dispatch and loaders make. Dispatchers get mad at... drivers and jerk them around. Found out it’s going down hill since some changes after I got here. Your work ethic means nothing here, it just matters how long you’ve been at the company.
Advice to Management
Corporate should start listening to the drivers more.