BlackBerry FAQ

All answers shown come directly from BlackBerry Reviews and are not edited or altered.

31 English questions out of 31

4 May 2020

What is health insurance like at BlackBerry?

Pros

Health Insurance is good and descent paid.

Cons

Not morally correct. They terminated me after 8 long years of service only 4 weeks before having my child (Or 8 months pregnant) conveniently cutting mat-leave benefits, insurance, etc. Same with other ladies (at least another 4). Overall, very unstable working environment, sales' targets and processes are messed-up. Poor product education, no telecommuting at all at any level or the CEO gets upset. CEO practice terror philosophy among executives and it cascades. Unfortunately, this nothing compare to what BB was in the past.

Advice to Management

Working environment and philosophy is very old Asian style. CEO should learn from the leading American IT companies and how they operate their business and their team of experts. Lastly, treat employees that are delivering YoY ethically and don't use law loopholes to avoid short term disability and Maternity leave.

Health Insurance is good and descent paid.

4 May 2020

See answer

5 June 2020

What is the retirement plan like at BlackBerry?

Pros

If mediocrity is your style, this is the place to be.

Cons

Leadership team is out of touch. Environment is overly political, siloed and innovation is actively discouraged. No 401K match, medical is expensive, and employee incentive plans are designed to save the company money.

Advice to Management

Retire. It is time for a regime change. Stop pinching pennies and hiring more executives and invest in your employees.

No 401K match, medical is expensive, and employee incentive plans are designed to save the company money.

5 June 2020

See 1 more answer

5 December 2018

Does BlackBerry offer a wellness program?

Pros

Good Culture. Health and Wellness programs. RRSP matching

Cons

Too many hoops to jump through getting internal results on policies and procedures

Health and Wellness programs.

5 December 2018

See answer

4 June 2019

How are the career development opportunities at BlackBerry?

Pros

Great people (employee level) to work with and the company is cash rich.

Cons

Too many high titled managers who cannot execute. More than 90% of revenues come from top clients such as US government and top-notch financial institutions. So very low attention and investment for the remaining 10% markets/customers. No career advancement opportunity.

Advice to Management

Need to take care of employees to retain good talents.

No career advancement opportunity.

4 June 2019

See 5 more answers

6 July 2018

What kind of career opportunities exist at BlackBerry?

Pros

Decent culture, pays well, nice people, reasonable benefits

Cons

Limited opportunity for growth, leadership qualities are lacking in management

Limited opportunity for growth, leadership qualities are lacking in management

6 July 2018

See 9 more answers
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

31 English questions out of 31