All answers shown come directly from SMA Reviews and are not edited or altered.
Does SMA offer a wellness program?
2 English reviews out of 2
9 November 2018
Great staff - smart, fun, friendly, works as a team
Nice office & great location
Daily Jeopardy game is fun and great for team building
Great Wellness initiatives
Major lack of IT support
Systems are old and constantly breaking / lots of manual processes
Work from home policy (frowned upon)
Leadership plays favorites
Leadership has tendency to micro manage
Lack of communication from Leadership
Open office environment can be distracting at times
- Fun wellness initiatives
- Sr. Management cares about employees... CEO and COO often check in with staff, ask about personal life, even offer to do things outside of the office
- Decent technology in HQ (lenovo laptops, new monitors, sit-to-stand desks). If you need it and it's relevant for your job, they'll buy it for you. Never had a problem getting new technology or an item I wanted.
- Good benefits (healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, etc.)
- Good PTO (start on 15 + 2 floating holidays + the basic federal holidays) and increases as your time increases
- New office is modern & in nice building
- On a whole, everyone wants you to do better - there's plenty of encouragement
- When asked, leadership is happy to sit down with you and chat about professional ambitions and lessons learned on projects in order to promote professional development
-Good collaboration between coworkers
- Lack of ability to work remote when needed
- Open plan office can still be fairly distracting in afternoon (but it's also a sign we like to collaborate and chat with each other)
- While there's plenty of conference rooms, the booking system still seems to be ignored by some staff members
Advice to Management
- More flexibility on working remote during crunch periods (or busy periods) would provide some extra time to complete project tasks
- More frequent visits from remote employees (as possible) - we have interesting people on our staff!
- While we are very busy, some more mentorship / training opportunities with senior leaders in the company would be great when we do have lighter schedules (maybe some sessions on past projects the company has worked on, reviews of older projects, etc.)
- More "lessons learned" meetings after we complete a project (as possible)