1&1 IONOS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1&1 IONOS Interview Questions

Interviews at 1&1 IONOS

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Had an interview, tried to reschedule, reapplied later and was told to not apply again to any position because my application wouldn’t be considered. So not professional!!!and it seems that their customers are dissatisfied with their services period.

Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS.

Interview

Interviewed with a man in sweatpants, and was unable to get an answer regarding hours since the department was 24/7. I thought it was very unprofessional - offering a job without specifying shift, unsure of the start date. It seemed very hectic and disorganized. The interview questions were very basic.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my availability... While still not knowing the shift...   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS in June 2016.

Interview

Came in interviewed with two people very nice friendly. Was asked basic questions. Name a time I worked as a team. what do I know about the company. Why do I like sales. Overall very good interview

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS.

Interview

About 30 minutes long. Basic questions in regards to customer service, motivations, and dealing with customers. The interview process itself was done in a meeting room. Dress code was obviously lax as I was, in retrospect, overdressed. However, this was something you would never know until actually at the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and predictable. They asked a lot of customer service questions as well as how well are you with computers and software as well as your typing skills.

Interview Questions

• what do you think most customer service franchise lack? Why is customer service so important to you?   1 Answer

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS (Lenexa, KS (US)).

Interview

The process was about normal for an interview. It was head of the department and the head of the data center. The head of the department asked the questions while the data center head just watched and observed.

Interview Questions

• What is a default gateway   1 Answer
    • How would you find the log file in Linux   1 Answer
    • If we hired you and you were working one night all alone and a ticket came in saying there were a hundred servers offline, What would your next steps be?   1 Answer

Cloud Solution Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS (San Antonio, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

My first interview was with a VP of Sales and the COO. We went over my past experience, and they spent a lot of time describing their company and its trajectory. It was a very friendly and comfortable experience. The next interview was with a couple of technical consultants to go into my technical background. Again, a very conversational and laid back process. I enjoyed speaking with everyone at the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you provision a LAMP stack on a new virtual machine?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS.

Interview

I went through several interview steps, including web work to demonstrate my skills, was one of the finalists for the position and was never called again. The last call I got from the recruiter was asking if I was still interested in the position. I told him that I was and never heard from them again.

Years later I got a call from the E.E.O.C.A. telling me that I had been discriminated against because of my age. I was 45 when I interviewed with them. I believe the company was fined. I was told that it was requested that they make up the difference in my salary based on what I would have made if I had gotten the job but they refused.

Interview Questions

• What products or services do you think we could add to what we already offer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS.

Interview

My experience with this company was extremely disappointing and handled very unprofessionally in my opinion.

I applied for the job in early September and received a call from the recruiter the next day who wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. I had a phone interview first (which the recruiter booked 2 hours, hiring manager blocked off 20 minutes). I was then brought in for an in-person interview a few weeks later, and then a second interview with other team members. After the second round of interviews, and despite a few follow ups with the recruiter I was never able to receive a concrete timeline on when a decision would be made.

More than two months after the initial interview I finally received word that I was not an ideal fit for the position. While I had been excited about the opportunity, I wasn't surprised to hear this given the lack of communication and feedback I received along the way.

Then, unexpectedly a few days later I received a call from the recruiter who said some things had changed and actually presented me with a verbal offer. Based on my conversation, it sounds like the position was changed to align more with my skill set. Perhaps they had another candidate who declined their offer, but based on what I know about the company it doesn't seem they are able to move that quickly.

The timing of the offer was unexpected (since just a few days earlier they told me I wasn't a fit), as was the actual offer itself. Throughout the initial process I had found it odd there was no HR screening or similar type conversations. The only communication I had with them was coordinating interviews.

After our initial in-person meeting and before agreeing to another round of in-person interviews, I made it a point to speak to the recruiter regarding salary expectations to make sure we were both aligned. They did say that my current compensation was above the range for the position, but assured me that wouldn't be an issue. The HR director I met with during the second round of interviews also knew about my current compensation package.

Despite both of these conversations, the verbal offer I received (a few days after being told I wasn't a fit for the position) still came in below my current compensation and well below what I had asked for. Additionally, the verbal offer was just a dollar/bonus amount, and contained no insight into any other benefits (i.e. health, PTO, bonus, etc).

Despite the initial hiccups, I was confident we could make this work and was excited about the opportunity. After providing my feedback on the offer, I was told it would take a few days to receive approval of a new salary.

After waiting another week to hear back, I was then informed that there was now a hiring freeze put on the position and the offer had been rescinded. How or what actually happened I have no idea, but that is all they communicated to me. Naturally they said I was the number one candidate all along, and they'll keep me in mind for future positions, but I can't say I'd ever want to work for a company that operates like that.

I understand that businesses are constantly changing, especially in large corporations, but I do feel this whole situation was mishandled. I sent a follow up email to the hiring manager expressing my frustration but never even received a response.

Over the years I've been fortunate to have spoken with many great companies and been involved in active hiring processes, but can't say I've ever had such a poor experience nor would treat a candidate this way.

As stated above, I received an offer only to have it rescinded.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 1&1 IONOS (Chesterbrook, PA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process for this job was difficult. I told I was hired after and in person and phone interview. It took two months to get the job. Then I was told the job I applied for wasn't available after I was hired but I was still hired. Great! Another interview and I had another job that was a lower level and pay than what I was hired for originally. I should have ran then

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.