84.51° Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

84.51° Interview Questions

Interviews at 84.51°

3.3

Data Scientist Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84.51°.

Interview

1 hour virtual interview with two current employees, very friendly! Combination of technical and bq. Technical part was more thought challenges and different case scenarios. Did not move to the next step but will apply again in the future! :)

Consultant Interview

Interview

2 interviews - one behavioral and one case focused. There are 2 rounds, the case is presented in the second round. It is a panel interview usually (2 people interviewing you)

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84.51°.

Interview

Some behavioral questions, mostly technical questions about databases and programming. Applied online from career fair, heard back fairly quickly. Interview was online via zoom. Unfortunately, did not receive an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84.51° in November 2020.

Interview

This review is for their development program for fresh grads. Two interviews in total.

Applied online and got a message from a recruiter a week later. Frist interview was basic STAR/Resume questions then I screen shared and was asked a basic SQL question and to solve for "is palindrome" and "is anagram" in language of choice. Total one hour

The second round was two back to back interviews. One behavioural one technical.
    Behaviroural was simple STAR/Resume questions, more of a conversation really about tech and your coding style.
    Technical was screen share with two devs and asked to add features to a spring app. I said I didn't know spring but they said that's fine. I think they were looking to see if you know the MVC pattern and gauging how you think/work on features. Not hard at all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84.51° in November 2020.

Interview

Very helpful and friendly. Great interview experience. Done completely virtual due to pandemic, but everyone was understanding of technical hiccups. 2nd round of interviews was a little exhausting as they lasted all day, but there was a break built in that was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Look at this data and describe insights you glean from it.   Answer Question

Data Science Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84.51° (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

First submitted resume and cover letter. Second I was interviewed by 2 Data Scientists for 84.51 that were on different teams. One was relatively new to the company and the other had worked there for many years. They both were very pleasant to speak to.

Interview Questions

• Asked about data science methodologies and experience with python and machine learning   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 84.51°.

Interview

One interview (virtually) due to COVID on Microsoft Teams. The interview was less than one hour with two people from the team. Received offer via a phone call from Human Resources the next day.

Data Scientist - Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 84.51° (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website and their website. I had a 1-hour "on-campus" (virtual this year) interview that was a mixture of behavioral questions and technical questions (e.g. how would you use the data we have to address this problem). About 2 weeks later I had an interview day with an introduction, 2 1-hour interviews (one behavioral and one technical), a panel with the development program coordinator, a panel with development program alumni, and an outro.

I get the impression that 84.51 is not entirely sure what they are looking for in candidates for this development program. The main piece of feedback I got after being rejected was that I didn't have enough collaborative development experience (e.g. using GitHub), which is a fair critique for myself for a data science role. However, they said this was apparent from the first interview, which makes me wonder why I was asked back for a second round if they knew I didn't have what they were looking for. Also, I talked to several employees currently in the development program, and they commented that many development program members did not have much technical background at all, but the company was looking for candidates who could think correctly about data, which goes against the feedback I got, so it seems like I focused on the wrong skillset for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to automate something in your life, what would it be, and how would you do it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a new skill you've picked up, and how you went about doing it?   Answer Question
    • They showed me a table of data and asked me to draw out a graph of how I would present it visually   Answer Question

Data Science Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 84.51° (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

First round interview through University Career Fair.
    Second Round was with two people, mainly talked about my projects and academic experience. Final round consisted of 2 two person interviews, first was more technical about projects I have completed and basic data science and machine learning questions, the second was more behavioral with some business case studies questions on how to apply data science to a particular problem.

Interview Questions

• How would you select features to input into a ML model?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 84.51°.

Interview

I would have loved to have interviewed for this position; however, the recruiter never called during our confirmed time and never followed up. This is a VERY poor first impression to give a potential employee and, as a result, I can't imagine working there.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked a question as I was, unfortunately, never called.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.