ABC News Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ABC News Interview Questions

Updated 19 Dec 2016

General Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume. Scheduled a meeting.Went to interview. Talked about interests and past experiences. Told about the company. Questioned on where I would fit in at the company.Told about upcoming future opportunities

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Written assessment on world capitals and leaders, airport codes, sports teams, world events. This test was difficult, wish I had known and studied. There is also a writing assessment. The interviewer was pleasant and made for a comfortable discussion.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News in August 2016.

Interview

I got an e-mail from the HR and arranged a time-slot for the telephone interview. At the time, I was abroad in another country, but things worked out well and the HR person called me internationally. The interview lasted about 20-30minutes. After 3 weeks, I received another e-mail from the team that I will be working with. I think they were originally supposed to see me in person, but they were running tight on schedule in hiring so I had another telephone interview. I again, engaged in a phone interview with two people, a production assistant and an associate senior producer form the team. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, but mostly they explained the job that I will be doing and about the team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?
    What is your strengths and weaknesses?Tell me more about the job and why you think you deserve to be hired
    General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online through the Disney Career page and I heard back about 2 weeks later from an HR rep. The HR rep conducted a phone interview which was pretty straight forward, mostly about your experience. Then one day later I heard back from the HR rep about coming in for an in person interview. That interview was a little more difficult but still not too bad, more questions about the show than about myself. I was offered the position that night.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite episode, why, and what would you have done differently to the episode?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Typical questions. Your experience in news production must be fully explained and how that aligns specifically with ABC News mixed with scenario type questions. In my opinion personality is the determining factor. You must mesh well, you'll be doing a lot of communicating.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the responsibilities of this position   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, meeting with the higher ups is fun and casual, the last interview gives you a quiz so be prepared to sit and take a test on general knowledge of News and Sports. This is a fill in the blank. You need to know everything from current events to airport codes to sports teams and cities.

Interview Questions

• They give you a test so make sure you look into current events, sports, and general news.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

We had one interview with a recruiter followed by an interview with an interview with a Production Coordinator. Everyone was very friendly. Both interviews lasted about 30-45 minutes. We started off with answering some of their questions, followed by asking them questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that really connected you to the news lately?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Corporate Development Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 onsite.

Interview Questions

• Canned management questions and few technical questions   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

1 meeting with a talent/development producer to see where I would fit in most at the compant. Then had 3 interviews with senior executive producer and one meeting with the person who held my job at the time. the interviews were about 30 mins in length each and took place over the course of 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What's the most important lesson your parents taught you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i accepted the initial offer. there was no negotiation phase

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.