AIG Retirement Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

AIG Retirement Services Interview Questions

Updated 28 Mar 2019

2.3

Sort:

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services in January 2014.

Interview

I was contracted through a third party. One interview by phone with agency, then one interview in person with two managers. They asked really good questions and were so polite.

Interview Questions

• Why I was going from a full time position to a contract position.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of Resume breakdown along with character and personality questions. Face to face interview took place with future manager who asked situational questions in the workplace along with questions about the company. After conducting the interview process, background check and drug testing followed. Once passing both tests and offer was received with a given time period to accept or decline the offer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a Marketing role in the Chicago office. I got a call within a couple weeks to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was conducted by the hiring manager, standard questions. At the end of the call, we scheduled an in person interview to take place a week later. During the interview I met with the hiring manger, where we went over my resume and she gave me more details about the position. These were all standard, weaknesses, strengths, why I wanted the job etc. I felt the interview went well, she was professional. Within a week the hiring manager called me back and said she really liked me, but her boss wanted to conduct another interview so he could sign off on the hire. I agreed and came in the following week. This is where the experience went from positive, to extremely negative. He was extremely rude and unprofessional during the interview. Every question he asked me, he would cut me off halfway through my response and interrupt me. I didn't get through a single response without getting cut off. He also asked me completely inappropriate questions such as "Did you lie to your boss to get the day off to come here today?" Then he asked me how I would handle it if a coworker didn't like my work. I replied "Well, I believe constructive criticism is important..." but of course he cut me off and said "I am talking about feedback, why would you say criticism? Or do you make it a point to criticize your coworkers?" I was just baffled at the way he conducted himself. Especially because this was an entry level position that asked for 0-2 years work experience. This was not a management position. I left the interview feeling completely dejected, and I was shocked when two days later he called me to offer the job. I ended up accepting even after the horrible interview, because he wasn't the person I would be directly reporting to and I was ready to leave my old job. Once I started, I learned that this individual had just been hired the same week that he interviewed me, and literally knew nothing about the role he was interviewing me for.

Interview Questions

• Did you lie to your boss to come here today?
      Do you make it a practice to criticize your coworkers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They basically said take it or leave it.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services.

Interview

Applied online on a weekend. Called on following Monday by HR for phone screening - took about 10 minutes. Called by HR a day later to set up a phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Called by HR a couple of days later to set up on site interview. I traveled 210 miles for the interview and was not offered any reimbursement for travel or hotel. Interview was with two different groups (3 people in each group). Entire time spent was 3 hours. I felt it went well, as I easily answered all of their questions. No question was difficult or awkward. I was told I would hear back soon. I received a call from HR a few days later to set up an additional phone interview with a different manager. Had phone interview next day and then never heard back from Valic at all. It's been over six weeks now.

Interview Questions

• All standard interview questions. Nothing extremely technical regarding the job they were seeking to fill. Mostly situational questions (e.g., how do you handle stress?).   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I came, I saw, I conquered. Just kidding. It was a standard interview process. I spoke with the recruiter first to assess my candidacy. Then I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager & 1-2 more people. Then I went to the office to have an in-person meeting with the hiring manager & 1-2 more people and also one department director.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Retirement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter, then you are called into the office where you do 3 rounds of interviews. One with lower management, one with upper management, one last one with a peer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you gave exceptional customer service?   1 Answer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services in February 2015.

Interview

great interview process that really focuses on the relationship between junior and senior advisers and whether or not there is a mutual fit. They genuinely care about you being successful as it leads to overall success for the team.

Interview Questions

• What is something you look for when you are apart of a team?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

(1) Recruiter Phone Interview to (2) District VP to (3) Regional VP. Phone interview was a screening interview. In-person was to assess your potential. Last interview was to go over the company, the business model, etc.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services (Nashville, TN (US)).

Interview

Three part. Contacted by recruiter, had two phone interviews, and a final in person management interview. Final decision on employment made by regional manager based upon phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Past employment, marketing experience, qualifications, and production.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AIG Retirement Services (El Paso, TX (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

online application, then met with District manager for interview. Finally, did a phone interview with Regional manager. Talked about experience with products, practices, terminology, and work day habits. Background check as well

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.