AKQA Interview Questions

Updated 1 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at AKQA

HardAverageEasy
Found 141 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana
Application

Interview

3 technical rounds including one mini shopping cart application. First 3 rounds were done smoothly. Then last round was cultural discussion with MD. What an egoistic person he is. I did not read review before applying, but now after reading the negative reviews about Gurgaon location, I can say they are totally correct. I am thankful to him that he showed his true nature in that interview. Good luck for the MD and your AKQA Gurgaon. Please stop insulting candidates, and move this cultural HR round to first round so that candidates will not waste their time with technical rounds and mini application.

Interview Questions
  • web performance
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Had a good call w the recruiter in SF, pleasant talk, easy questions and a good process overall. Big con, they were asking for 4-6 years of experience for an associate/junior position...

Interview Questions
AKQA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA (Australia)

Interview

Thorough first interview over the phone that went for over an hour / hour and a half, really nice and easy-going interviewer and had direction before interview from recruiter on what kind of questions and skill experience would be brought up to best prepare

Interview Questions
AKQA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at AKQA (Shanghai, Shanghai) in Nov 2020

Interview

Very casual interview and had a good impression of the company. But then they simply ignored multiple efforts at correspondence and gave no feedback. How a company treats potential candidates reflects on how much they respect their employees as well. Lacks professionalism in their process

Interview Questions
AKQA
Anonymous Employee in Australia
Application

I interviewed at AKQA (Australia)

Interview

Technical interview, White boarding, unit testing, DevOps Questions, programming at a computer with a fixed problem. Second interview with HR, more cultural questions, asked about teams you have worked with.

Interview Questions
AKQA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA (United States) in Oct 2020

Interview

Easy going and relaxed interview process. Everyone that interviewed me was super friendly. I would love to work for this company in the future. They do great work and treat their employees well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yo
Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (Yo)

Interview

The recruiting coordinator (I believe now she was promoted to be a recruiter) was such an irresponsible person. I’m a visual designer, she put me to go through two rounds of interviews with UX designers just to disappear on me in the end, after I confronted her about my interview structure and my background, there was no answer or even an apology from her. It’s such a bad recruiting process, and AKQA even let these dumb people to recruit talents, what a shame.

Interview Questions
AKQA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (Melbourne) in Jul 2020

Interview

As WFH applies at the time of interview, the interviews were done via video conferencing which was great and ran smoothly with the professional and informative interviewers. A HR representative set up the meetings. I went through the 1st and 2nd stage interview which I believe went well, but received radio silence for the next 3 weeks. After 3 weeks passed, I followed up with the HR representative and got a response within an hour - turns out, they forgot to follow up with me last week, and I wasn't even able to thank her for such a swift reply since I received the email from a 'no-reply' email (maybe a process to prevent potentially upset replies from candidates, or a request for feedback?) The unfortunate thing is, I was told that they've identified a candidate for this position who is more closely aligned with the role requirements - BUT they just re-posted the exact same job posting less than 12 hours ago. Just want to let you know it's absolutely okay to be honest and transparent if a candidate simply doesn't fit your needs, whether it comes with feedback or not.

Interview Questions
  • Questions relating to softwares used previously and level of expertise in said softwares. Expanding on previous experiences.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (Gurgaon, Haryana) in May 2020

Interview

They called at there office and gave a computer assignment followed by technical interview, another round of technical discussion and then the round with MD. The MD was bargaining for the package as if people bargain while buying vegetables. I never expected such an unprofessional behaviour and I decided at that point only to not go for this company. If MD is so unprofessional how can you expect to work in such an environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at AKQA (United States) in Apr 2020

Interview

I was "ghosted" by AKQA! I never in a million years would have imagined an agency as reputable as AKQA would ghost their job candidates. This is particularly egregious right now with the pandemic as job opportunities are so limited. You would think AKQA would have some empathy for candidates they bring into an interview process right now. I applied for the Strategy Director opportunity in the Washington, DC office. I currently reside on the West Coast, but my wife accepted a job transfer to DC so I am looking for opportunities in that region. I was excited to see AKQA had an open position in the DC office as I am coming from a similar role at an agency in Portland, and the role is supporting an entertainment client which is also in my background as head of marketing strategy at one of the big-6 studios. Another factor that makes this disappointing is that I do know who the client this position will be supporting is, and it is a division of my former employer. The president of that division is a colleague I have known for almost 20 years and I keep in touch with. I applied for the job back in February and did not hear anything for two months. I assumed it was a lost opportunity, particularly after the pandemic started and we all went into self-quarantine. I was ecstatic when a recruiter reached out to schedule an interview, given all that is going on and because our relocation to DC is still proceeding as planned. After responding to the recruiter with my availability for a phone interview, and keeping my schedule clear, I never heard back. I followed up with the recruiter several times for about a month, but there has been no response. I now realize I was "ghosted" and will not hear anything. I understand a lot is changing quickly, but all the recruiter had to do was let me know the position was on hold or canceled or had been filled... anything but ghosting me. When my family and I get to DC in about six weeks, I will be reaching out to my former colleague to catch-up and I am certainly going to let her know how this experience with AKQA went.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 141 Interviews