ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at ALDI

2,314 Interview Reviews

2.7

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The process was very long and seemed drawn out. Started with an on campus interview (1 on 1), then moved onto a full day of interviews (5 interviews) and a warehouse tour at the corporate office, followed by a full day of shadowing a District Manager at an actual store and a final interview. Overall the process took over a month and the interview questions were redundant throughout each interview. Process could've been simplified and completed in a much shorter timespan.

Interview Questions

• Q. What could you bring to the District Manager position?   Answer Question

Corporate Buying Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The whole interview process was too long. I was supposed to do a group interview, but that got postponed. They instead did a phone interview with the recruiter which was fine. I think this was easier because it was just with the recruiter. She was nice and it was great talking to her. I got invited to the second round of interview which was a skype interview with the same recruiter and two managers. This was 45 minutes- one hour, and honestly, I did not like it. They kept on asking me behavioral questions and I did my best to respond. They told me that there was going to be a third interview if I was chosen to move on. I got rejected by them as they said they found someone who has more qualifications. I understand that I didn't get it which is fine, but how can someone else be more qualified? Isn't the point of an internship to get experience and learn in the real world. I do not know why this whole interview process is extensive. Three interviews just for an internship? The third interview was going to be with a director and the manager. I just felt that they kept on asking questions that were not fair. I personally think Aldi's recruitment process is too much because you have to go through multiple rounds. They do not even give you feedback on how you did in your interview. I tried sending the managers and recruiters a thank you email, but they did not respond. I just feel like this whole process could have been better.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I received a call from one of the district managers in Texas Aldi a few days ago and scheduled an interview. So I showed up to my interview early on time and discovered the district manager didn't even bother to show up and the store manager didn't even know I was coming. This district manager in question had several days to inform me he couldn't make it to the interview and didn't bother to say anything. I talked to the store employees for a few seconds and I they told me this district manager did the same thing to a few other applicants he blatantly wasted their time scheduled them for interviews and didn't even bother to show up. I basically wasted gas driving down there and getting into a suit and he blatantly wasted my time and doesn't care.

Corporate HQ needs to crack down on these district managers blatantly wasting applicants time during the Corona crisis. Before the crisis occurred it would have taken them normally 2-4 weeks and you still would have had a low chance even with a competitive application. Now with 22 million unemployed people there is no need for these district managers to be such jerks to applicants despite the positive PR spin the company tries to paint during the crisis. As a result of my experience with this district manager I'm blacklisting this company for life and never shopping in any Aldi's or Trader Joes ever again.

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The interview process was very concise and efficient. Communication was thorough and quick. A comfortable yet professional environment was maintained throughout. The interviewer respected my time and made me feel as if I would become a valued team member.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I had a group interview and walked around the store. After I got called back they sent me to get a drug test and also did a background check. For some reason it took them almost 2 weeks to get back to me. Once they did get back to me, I declined the orientation due to the corona virus.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time you helped a customer, what are your previous jobs, what do you expect to be a challenge here, etc.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

Campus interview. Dinner the night before to do a relaxed Q&A then in person 30 minute interview next morning. Did not get a second around onsite interview, but I was told that out of the 4 who went, only one received an offer.

Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied for the position through the companies portal. It took them about a month to get respond and first HR interview. Within hours after the HR interview, got a meeting request for a F2F interview. This was the point where all the ordeal starts, I was told that a technical manager and HR will conduct the meeting but HR got sick and didn't join the interview. The interview went fine and mainly surrounds my past experience. The interviewer was really friendly and had a great conversation in German and in English. After the interview, I was told that next interview will be conducted by his manager and will mainly focus on contract. I waited for few days after the interview and contacted HR. The HR was now on vacation and no one else had any idea what's the outcome. After few days I asked again, now the actual interviewer was away. Fortunately after some days they responded back and said that they wish to continue further. This time the department manager wishes to talk along with another person. When the interview started they both repeated the same pattern and questions as the first interview and it seemed like they have got absolutely no feedback or protocols from the first interview and no contractual issues were discussed. I was told to wait for few weeks. After three weeks, I contacted them again and again HR was absolutely oblivious of my interview progress. I was told that they will get back to me and within 30 mins, I got a rejection email. No feedback was given despite promise, and I wasted two and half months in the interview process (from first HR interview till rejection). In this whole interview process, I knew about HR manager only through emails or telephone but no f2f contact during both interviews.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkesburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Parkesburg, PA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

It was your typical basic sit down interview with one person, wasn't asked too hard of questions.. but I was not asked to work there. Got a rejection email that was generic.

CAS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henrico, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Henrico, VA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

With Covid-19 hiring was pretty much immediate. Another person and I sat in a small office and had a brief 10 minute conversation with the DM about when we were available and what the dress code was.. didn't even h
    Do a background check for a week or so.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Gurnee, IL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Group tour of store, then one on one brief interview with the District Manager or Store Director. Basic questions, to be followed up with a second interview and then job offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.