AQR Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

AQR Capital Management Interview Questions

Interviews at AQR Capital Management

3.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen first, get on site ask program questions, puzzles, design, the bar is pretty high the environment is tough, some people is very busy some people is not, good working environment , easy to commute by train. free lunch, fruit, snacks

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant. 2 Rounds of interviews. First round on-campus (1 interview), final round on-site in greenwich (5 interviews over the course of the day). Very smooth process and received offer notification within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume, describe how you think about risk, what are your professional goals   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

NEVER WASTE your time interviewing with this company.
    I was contacted by a NY based recruiter and was sent a Hacker rank test in which I performed pretty well and after That I was scheduled a technical interview with the hiring manager.I performed well on that and after that I was called onsite. Onsite interview process was very dis organized. i was interviewed by different and even more people ,as i was told in the email.Interviewers came in late.
    My all interviews went pretty well and I actually nailed every question that was presented to me.But after 2 days I got rejected without any solid review and reason.
    I was not even reimbursed for any of the travel or stay during the interview. So my advice, would be don`t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Standard Software engineer interview Questions. Algo+ DS + Math   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management in May 2017.

Interview

DO NOT CONSIDER THIS COMPANY WITHOUT HEARING A STEP BY STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS. I was contacted by a third party recruiter for AQR. Such a waste of time. I was told that I would have a Hackerrank challenge then a phone interview then an onsite interview, which sounded reasonable. I did the Hackerrank(3 questions) then the phone interview. After that, I was told I did well but before onsite interview they want to see how I write code in the production environment so they wanted me to do a take home challenge. I asked them why I wasn't informed about this step previously, they told me this will be the LAST step before the onsite!!! I was fool that I accepted to do the take home exam. Another total waste of time. But it doesn't end here.. After the take home, they told me I should be talking to another engineer! At that point I should have understood how unprofessional they are and just end the process, however, I said, I came all the way to here, this is the LAST step before onsite and I accepted it. I was told that the interviewer will ask me about the take home exam and an algorithm question. The interviewer only asked about my projects at my current company that's it! And the FINAL breakdown.. The recuriter told me I did well in the interview and the company wants to know if I am really interested in working for the company!! Come on.. Seriously.. after spending all those hours for this unworthy company.. At that point I decided to stop the interview process and told them I am not going to move forward with them. Such a waste of time, such an unprofessional company. My advise to you is, before starting the process, ask them what you should expect and make sure they won't add additional nonsense steps. Otherwise, you'll be fooled like myself..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It's good and relaxed technical phone screen. No code questions.
    Just go through the resume and ask some points in details.
    Also get some useful information from them. They use python java scala. Most time is dealing with the data. They like people be expertise on sql and python.

Interview Questions

• Talk about how do you use python in your work?
      How do you know about sql.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a technical phone screen. No coding questions at all. Go through the resume and dig into details on some points. Get some useful information about them. They use python, java and scala. Most time is dealing with data. They like to see people expertise on python and sql.

Interview Questions

• Talk more about python in your project.
      How do you know about sql.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

They first gave you an online test of 1.5 hr. Simple coding question plus one paragraph to describe how you like the role. The questions are pretty straigh forward. If you have CS background. It should not be a problem. Then phone Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied to the job on LinkedIn. The recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. First, I had to take a Hackerrank challenge, which was on the easier side. Then, I had a phone screen with one of the engineers, which did not go very well. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface in Java?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Firstly, I got a hankrank test and I pass it. Than they told me I will get a 30 mins phone screen to check my background. I do receive the phone but that guy was so unprofessional and no patience. He told me he will have a meeting soon and the call just last 7 mins. Then I waited two weeks and ask the recruiter for the statues. Recuiter told me I need to move on. Rolf for the whole interview process. I need to check with the recuiter every step or I wont get any response. Bad experience I never met. Not recommend at all. Bad comapny will destroy your life.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a headhunter online. Consisted of a Online test that is exactly the same as the one mentioned by everyone else here. Next step was a phone screen. Fairly basic and only asked me about design and SQL schema. Next step was a pretty complicated take-home project. They say it may take up to 8 hours but the prompt is fairly vague and not very explanatory. They expect you to already know trading/investment lingo so I was already at a disadvantage. Afterwards I heard nothing back.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.