Abbott Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Abbott Laboratories Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott Laboratories

2.9

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Portland, OR (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

I was recommended by a recruiter. I met the hiring manager for about an hour and I was selected to meet with the Regional Manger. I was flown down to LA for my second interview and I was hired shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with my offer.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (New Rochelle, NY (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Met with territory manager, then regional manager. Went through a head hunter. Took about a month. I went to training in Ohio for about three weeks. They paid for almost everything and the training was excellent. I really felt like I knew the product after the three weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward. Why do you want to be a sales rep? Tell us about yourself and where you see yourself in five years..   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Canton, OH (US)) in March 2007.

Interview

The interview process with Abbott was very organized and moved very quickly. A friend of mine had me apply to the position and within a couple days of applying the District Manager called me and we had a phone interview at that time. We then set up a meeting place for the next day for a one on one interview. We met at a local restaraunt and conducted the interview there, the Distric Manager was very professional and helped make the interview more comfortable by offering a beverage or food before we started. He then went into some detail about how the interview would work; he would ask questions and was looking for my answers to be as specific as possible and at the end of the interview he would go into more detail about the position and give me an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to sell an idea to a colleague or a boss. What was the sitution and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Tucson, AZ (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very informal. Took place in a hotel room which seemed like a bad idea.
    Basically, "Sell me this pen' and other typical interview questions designed to make people sweat and lose their cool. Interview was approx 30 minutes.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bohemia, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Bohemia, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

First there was a Phone Interview with the Recruiter, We spoke about 30 minutes. Then a Digital Interview, where i had to log in to a website and record my answers to 5 interview questions. Then I was called for an in-person interview with the hiring manager, and the hiring manager's manager.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

SMART interview questions to experiences. How did you handle a time when you disagreed with your manager. How did you acheive your biggest success. how did you handle your peers. what would your friends say about you

Interview Questions

• what was your biggest success   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. no negotiation

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Hired after top candidate did not pass RM interview. Phone screen, several interviews with District Manager and one other DM, then RM interview (1). Follow up was key and is why I was selected over 2 other candidates whom had MBA. Be hungry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you made a mistake   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base salary and bonus were set prior to the interviews.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories in February 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was phone screen, f2f with Regional Manager. Compared to similar companies, Interview was very unstructured and very easy. RM was very "old school" and didn't seem to even care as long as he filled open positions. Total interview time for f2f was less than half hour.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get laid off at last company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they started low, I negotiated up $10k on salary.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories.

Interview

My resume was internally passed onto to the employer by a contact of mine currently working in Abbott Diagnostics. I had an informal phone interview followed by an on-site interview. I had two back to back interviews with a 1) a group of the senior associate scientists and 2) the supervisors of the position. The team was extremely warm and not intimidating. I came in very prepared with a portfolio of my research experiences and they were impressed with it right from the start. The key was just being yourself. Abbott is looking to hire people not qualifications. The interviewer came right out and said they were looking for someone whose personality would fit into the team. I was asked some technical questions because this is a scientist job, but I had prepared for those and was not caught off guard by them. It is important to know your resume; they want to see that you actually did all the experiences you wrote about.

One point of advice: Abbott park is very big and complicated. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to find the building. I got to Abbott park an hour before my interview and that was the perfect amount of time because I did end up getting lost a few times trying to find the building.

Some questions they really appreciated were:
    1) What does a successful year in the position look like?
    2) What brought you to Abbott and why have you stayed for so many years?

Both questions got the interviewers really excited and ended the interview on a really positive note.

They take a while to get back to you. I was told they would get back to me in a week but did not hear from them until 2.5 weeks later. I emailed the team at around 2 weeks to follow-up and see if they required references and then the next day received a phone call I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you were in a conflict with a superior at work and how you handled it?
      Talk about a time when you changed a process or practice at work and how you persuaded others to follow?
      What is the most important quality a scientist should have?   1 Answer

Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (North Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2007.

Interview

Abbott has reduced their complex process to what they call "4X4X1" - Four people being interviewed for a particular position; four interviewers in turn, all done on one day if the schedule allows.
    Abbott is big on Behavioral-based interviewing and seems to be leaning towards more expertise in probing questions - digging deeper after your initial response.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project that didn't go so well: what happened, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.