Accenture Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 12 Mar 2017

3.1

Software Developer and Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a technology analyst position and was contacted a few months later about the software developer job. I had a first interview and then a second technical interview for that job at which point I was then switched to a technology analyst job. For the third interview I was flown to Houston and had two 45-min interviews there in the office, one behavioral and one case-style. The whole process took about two months from the first interview until the job offer. These questions were from the final interview in Houston.

Interview Questions

• An energy company is looking to expand to be nationwide but the current systems aren't expandable and they're having glitches. What would you do? (case style, much more information was given)   2 Answers

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a manager at a tech conference - it was mainly behavioral questions, and pretty conversational. My second and final interview was over the phone with a senior manager, which was not difficult but they emailed me saying to study for it because it would be intense (it wasn't). Overall I felt neutral about the whole process but did not feel that it was a good fit for me. The vibe I got was that they don't really care about hiring good, quality people and more that they just need more numbers and see how you do in the role. Through the interview process, I learned that your projects are done with other team members, but you are evaluated against each other. There is also a lot of traveling and it seemed to be a cutthroat environment, where you don't get much freedom in the projects you get assigned to until you've been there for many years.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position through my university recruiting. Recruiters were so friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. My first round interview consisted of a behavioral and case study part. Pretty basic stuff. Study for cases, and just talk about you and your experiences for the behavioral component.

IoT Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume from Accenture website. Recruiter emailed within a few days. Asked some follow-up questions about resume. Did not explain what skills the department was looking for, and pushed resume forward for an interview. As a result the interview was not productive.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in software engineering / writing JavaScript.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

1. Apply Online, 2. Phone Screen with Recruiter, 3. Situationa/Experience interview with Sr. Manager, 4. Case Study with Sr. Manager, 5. Closing Interview with Managing Director (followed by a dinner).

Offers are contingent upon identifying a project for you day 1. If no project exists, be prepared to wait. Slow. Entire process took over 3 months from first contact to offer. Offer "sat with HR" for 2+ months despite recruiter constantly asking for "one more week". Lots of internal politics and HR/Business in-fighting gum up the process and make the company look petty. Communication from the recruiter was far below expectations with numerous weeks of unanswered emails and phone calls. Transparency into process is very poor. Company does a poor job of making you feel wanted throughout the process. I definitely felt like I was just a number on-call with Accenture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

4 Interviews. The interviews were all via phone and on video conference call. Each of the interviewers were very nice and knowledgeable about Accenture and the department for which they worked for.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Three phone interviews: phone screen, behavioral interview, skills interview
    In person interview: Interview day with several other candidates rotating in and out of interviews at different tiimes; met with executive and senior management level interviewers

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Interview Question: Tell me about a time when things did not go according to plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation; achieved slight raise in initial base salary

Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie View, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Prairie View, TX (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

With Accenture you go through a lengthy interview process. With a lot of information sessions. Go to all informational sessions offered. They take role and will remember your name and face when it comes time to interviews.
    1st Round: Behavioral Interviews last 45 minutes are particularly easy
    2nd Round: Case Interview. These are hard and tricky as well as very new. My class was the first class to go through this type of interview. They give you a hard one to see how you think. Take your time read the problem statement and make sure you understand the problem and the question the statement is asking ! You have to understand it before you answer it. If you don't ask questions. Make sure you get clarity before you answer.
    3rd Round: Confirm. Is particularly like the Behavioral. They just want to make sure they get the feel for the type of person that you are.

Interview Questions

• Extra curricular Activities! They like leaders and ppl who like other ppl and ppl who are very involved   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

There were three stages:
    1. Behavioral. You've probably done this kind a million times, same style of questions.
    2. Case based. This one is just to see your approach to a given problem and the steps you take to solve it; the focus is not on your technical ability as much as it is your ability to plan a feasible solution.
    3. Confirm (technically this occurs directly following the case interview). Like any company should, this is to get an idea of how you feel about coming to work for the company--are you really into it, or are you not feeling the role? Up to you.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had conflict within a team and how you went about solving it.   1 Answer

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

1) I got a call from a Accenture recruiter for pre-screening and everything went great, the recruiter to scheduled my Technical phone interview with a Senior Manager immediately. 2) Phone interview-Interviewed with Senior Manager 2 days after and he was really nice and he asked basic Technical questions and what's on your resume. I got a call 2 days after from the recruiter, they were moving forward with the next round with the MD. 3) Digital Interview considered as Face to face. I was both behavioral and technical questions, last for 40mins.

I heard back from the recruiter that they wanted me on board. I was given a verbal offer there and I was told I should see email from HireRight and official offer in the mail. But guess what the recruiter called me 2 days after and he said they were no longer extending the offer anymore because the hiring manager didn't have any position available anymore or he didn't need any consultant at the moment.

I was stunned and asked why you would extend verbal offer and give a start date etc.. There are disappointment.

Interview Questions

• It was basically your resume experience
      Discussion on specific projects you've worked on
      Hands on configuration questions.
      Why you want to work for Accenture
      Tell me about yourself
      Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.