Accenture Software Engineering Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Accenture Software Engineering Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

2.8

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Rockville, MD (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

First round is interview then quick Hirevue Survey (basic background questions)...have not gotten to the next steps. Recruiter said they will get back to me after the survey which I completed days later .

Interview Questions

• What are some programming languages you used?How have you used them and what is your level of use? Have you heard about AFS?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioral Interview, Case Interview, Confirming interview. It was challenging in my opinion, but the interviewer for my first behavioral interview was MIA so I had to reschedule. Turn around was very quick imo don't know why the rush.

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture (Gainesville, FL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

There is an initial hour long behavioral interview to determine if you are what they are looking for. Then there are two more rounds.. A technical case Interview then a conformational interview. Takes two weeks to receive a response

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to learn something really fast in order to be successful on a project   1 Answer

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Interview

• I love finding new solutions using technology, working with customers, understanding their needs, designing and presenting features that exceed their expectations and improve the user’s experience.
    • Currently, I lead the development of various capabilities for a web-publishing portal.
    • Although I love my current role, I feel I’m now ready for a more challenging assignment and this position really excites me.
    • This opportunity would give me the change to apply both my technical experience and my consulting problem solving skills at a more innovative software company.

Interview Questions

• Experience managing product cycles (in a SaaS based model)
      • As a BA, I’ve had to manage software capabilities from start to finish
      Experience with product specifications and information gathering.
      • As a BA, I’ve had to conduct requirements gathering sessions with clients and create stories.
      • Learned how to gather and work out discrepancies, prioritize business software requirements with client and design teams, stay organized and prepared for client meetings.
      Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
      • Had presentations of business flows with clients
      Strong Analytical Skills
      • My experience as an engineer helped me develop   Answer Question

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Submitted an application online through their career website and got an email from HR about a week or so later. We scheduled a phone screen where they essentially just talked about what Accenture was, what the position was, reviewed your background and they were pretty straight forward about all information.

Got an email after that about the next few rounds which included a behavioral interview and if that went well, back to back rounds on-site including a case interview and a follow-up behavioral interview.

The first behavioral interview was a breeze, they mostly asked situational questions about how I worked in groups, how I handled stress and failure, times where I had to redo something etc, pretty standard stuff. This is a really good time to ask questions too, but not generic ones. Focus on trying to find out if the company culture is where you really want to work.

Following that interview, got an email the next few days saying I passed and was moving forward to the final rounds. I was sent a case review packet to study prior to my on-site interview. This is VERY important, study it well, if you don’t have experience with case interviews, this is more relevant to you. After reading that, I would highly recommend practicing on your own and watching mock case interviews as well to prepare yourself.

Final round is 2 back to back interviews, 1 case interview then directly to your behavioral after.

My case interview went okay, I thought I bombed it, but thinking back now, I think I asked good questions and did a decent enough job of analyzing the case. It’s important to realize, THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER. Follow your instincts and constantly ask questions. Your interviewer is there to help you and they’ll try their best to guide you in the right direction. They mostly just want to see how you think and can you consider multiple alternative possibilities. Be confident and don’t get frustrated!

The behavioral was extremely relaxed, conversational even. This is where they just want to get a feel for who you are and why you really want to work there. They ask a few situational questions to see if you work well in teams but a lot of the questions I got asked were things like, why consulting? Why accenture? Obviously you should come in knowing why you want to work there, don’t treat it as just a job, the interviewers that you meet during your final round all volunteered to come out. So don’t waste their time and they won’t waste yours.

About a few days later I got a call with a verbal offer and upon accepting, a written offer sent.

While it is a rigorous process, Accenture isn’t necessarily looking for a picture perfect candidate. They’re looking for people who can demonstrate the ability to think analytically, work well with others, and adapt to the changing times and with technology. You don’t necessarily need to be proficient in all of the areas, but you need to have some baseline of those traits and be willing to improve. Especially for entry-level positions.

Overall, it was an amazing experience. I could 100% see the passion in the employees I talked to and I’m glad I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • Why Accenture?   1 Answer
    • Asked about technical projects I listed on my resume, what technologies I used and why I decided to build those projects   Answer Question
    • Case study   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were frustrated with a teammate and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project where you worked directly with clients (if you have)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you experienced failure and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • What are you doing to keep up with technologies in this field   Answer Question
    • Question about what I would do if I were thrown into an unknown situation and what my very first step would be   1 Answer

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chantilly, VA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter called me to set up a phone call HR interview. About a week later, I did an on-site interview. One interview was technical and the other was a confirm interview. Afterwards, received a call from the recruiter saying I did very well on the technical interview. ( I botched the case-study part, but did very well on the technical) Overall, the interview process was very good.

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in September 2018.

Interview

First interacted and spoke with recruiters at a career fair, applied online, one on one behavioral interview, technical interview (focus on a case study question and technical background), confirming interview, got an offer.

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First it was an interview where the interviewer asked questions about things I had on my resume and some behavioral questions. Then I had to fill out a form confirming things like my graduation date, GPA, etc but they called that an interview. Then I had the case interview, and the next would have been something they called a confirming interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about things on my resume like my experience with the programming languages I had listed, the projects I had included, work experience. For the case interview, they gave you a scenario where a hypothetical company was facing certain problems and you had to come up with solutions that address these problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture in May 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview with a hiring manager, then a video interview with someone on the team, and a final video interview with a senior member of the team. They let me know in a timely manner if I moved on to the next step. Also, the recruiter was super friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about your background and experience   Answer Question

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture in December 2016.

Interview

There was a brief screening interview. After the interview, there was a brief online survey that asked some basic questions and a short one way video interview question. I seem to not have made it past the survey as I was given standard rejection phone call after the online survey.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.