Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Adobe

3.2

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe in December 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed in the Noida office.
The hiring and interview process was all very smooth and systematic.
They treat you very well as long as you are in the office.
The questions asked were all very meaningful.
The only problem I see is the lack of clarity of what they are looking for.
Right in the first round, I told the interviewer that I haven't worked on a particular topic.
They told me it doesn't matter much and I was interviewed all day up to the director round (5 rounds in total).
Then they told me that they will get back to me post selection meet.
They never got back to me. I wrote to them, but they don't bother to reply.
Through some internal contacts, I managed to get the feedback.
And I was rejected on the basis of that particular topic I told the guy in the first round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter through email. Got a HackerRank test to complete within a few days, after sharing my resume. The test had different sections - Aptitude, Computer Science MCQ, Programming, etc..

After completing the test, I was scheduled for an on-site interview in their Noida office, on a Saturday. The first (and only) round was with a guy who didn't tell me anything about himself and didn't even have my resume beforehand. Asked me superficial questions like the different kinds of exceptions in Java (checked, unchecked), the difference between them and how and when we could use them, difference between unique key and primary key in SQL, the output of a javascript/jsp code snippet, static class in Java, etc.. He didn't seem quite satisfied with my answers (even when I told him that the primary key is chosen among the unique keys as per the use case) and then perhaps upon realizing that my work profile was mostly in data and backend processing, asked me to compute the no of ways to traverse a linked list from begin to end, where each node had a link to it's next node and the next node's next node. I told him my approach and wrote some combinatorial expressions but he perhaps didn't get what he was looking for.

All in all, I'd say that the HRs were quite active in setting up the whole interview process but the interviewer lacked depth and unlike other technical interviews, where you are expected to write code or solve some design problem, the interviewer was stuck with some nuances of a language (Java, JSP, etc.) or some bits of knowledge which may hardly be put to practice anyways. Didn't ask me to code at all. Maybe it didn't matter.

I don't know why Adobe interviews are so odd or removed from the actual work one may do or if their work is so unique and different indeed. Maybe the interviewers just want to bring in people like them, who have the same knowledge as themselves.The interviewer was perhaps deliberately testing me, only for edge cases as that's what their work may be all about.

Interview Questions

• What is a static class in Java?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a unique key and a primary key?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between checked and unchecked exceptions in Java? Is NullPointerException a checked or unchecked exception?   Answer Question
    • Given a linked list with n nodes and each node having a link to it's next node and a link to it's next node's next node, write an expression to find the no of ways to traverse from the first node to the last one.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru) in June 2017.

Interview

Below is the process, which I had gone through.

1. 3 technical round (1 hr)
    2. Director round (1 hr)
    3. Programming round (Assignment will be give)
    4. Senior Architect round (1 hr)

I was called for direct interview. The first 3 technical rounds were gotten over by the same day itself. I was told that feedback of mine is positive and I will be called for Director round some other day.

After 5 days, I was called for the Director round, seems he was happy too and he said HR will get back to you.

After 10 days, i got a call from HR that I have to take up one more programming round followed by telephonic round with an Architect.

Interview Questions

• Explain about your project and role? Almost all the projects that you have mentioned in the resume, you will be asked to explain clearly. They expect you to be good at what you have done or what you have mentioned in the resume. Prepare thoroughly.
      How to check the expression is balanced or not?
      Implement stack and implement undo-redo feature using Stack?
      Java multithreading questions?
      Executors?
      Generics?
      Micro Services and some examples?
      Design patters? Factory Pattern, Abstract Factory Pattern, Builder Pattern, Visitor Pattern
      Where did you use in design patters your project and explain?
      Which is your innovating idea, any hackthon idea?
      Take one of your old projects and if you are asked to develop it now, how will you design and which technologies will you choose and why? (Interesting question)
      Spring boot?
      Design a state machine and explain its each phase? (1 hour question) It is kind of interactive problem solving round, you are allowed to ask any clarifications.
      Do you have any pattern? Do you publish any tech papers? Any blog? What is your contribution to stackover-flow?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida) in April 2017.

Interview

One online screening round.
    4 F2F rounds consisting of Puzzles, problem solving, DS & algos and design patterns. Result was declared after 2 days. Very smooth interview process, great interviewers. Loved the whole process. Much better experience than amazon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe (Hyderabad) in February 2017.

Interview

Senior people are not even interested in interviewing. It feels like they are forced to take interviews. This company has lots of non performing HRs and Recruiters. Hopefully you don't go through them. Interacting with interviewers and HRs I got the sense, people who are more keen towards technology and want to learn in early stages, should refrain joining this company.

Interview Questions

• Distance of a point from a line.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru) in September 2016.

Interview

I was supposed to go through 4 technical rounds. But unfortunately I didn't clear the first one itself.
    He asked about my background and my current role followed by two data structures questions. First one was based on the array and BST and second was based on the bit stream.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given an empty BST consist of n nodes and and an array consist of n numbers.
      The n nodes in a BST have been already arranged in some fashion(i.e. the BST is not empty), and none of the nodes in BST are having any data, that means we have to pick the n numbers from the given array and have to fill in the given BST.
       We have to make sure that the structure of the BST doesn't change. That means all the left subtree and right subtree at any given node should not change at all.

2. We have a function which returns a value among {1, 0, -1}. When the function returns -1 that means
      we have to terminate. we have to keep on calling this function and till we get -1. this means we will get series of 1's and 0's which we have to treat like bit pattern and has to check whether the given number is divisible by 3 or not. for e.g. the function call returns the below output.

101-1=> 101 => it's a 5 which is not divisible by 3.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru) in August 2016.

Interview

I was recently interviewed at Adobe Bangalore. I applied through their careers portal. I was called for a F2F interview. I was asked to come at 11 AM. Though it started at 1 PM. The interviewer was not at all polite. He was so rude and literally scolding for wrong answers. The first round mostly was around multi threading and design patterns. And immediately followed the second round. I was asked to design and implement a dependency management solution in java. After the second round i was asked to leave for the day as it was already close to 5 PM. Later the HR did not get back to me. And when i had called him to know the feedback of 2nd F2F interview, he told he will give me an update in a couple of hours time. Two weeks have passed by and not heard of anything from them. For some reason i though that adobe does not have a good recruitment team. There were no proper responses before, during and after the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru) in January 2016.

Interview

(Aptitude + Programming) test on hackerrank(90 minutes) : 30 questions containing 5 programming questions(like check if number is palindrome etc) and 25 aptitude questions(like CAT exam)

Two online rounds: Very easy questions that I don't want to disclose(otherwise you will under-prepare :) ). More than half of the interviews were to introduce their team

4 rounds in Office:
    ------------------------
    1st round: simple questions where interviewer asked me to write brute-force approach and wanted to check if I can code :). Also asked some system/os specific questions like where assembler fits in compilation, how OS written in C(chicken-egg problem) etc
    2nd round: Checked about all my projects written in resume and some very simple OO questions
    3rd round(Hiring Mgr): Information about team and group
    4th Round(Hiring Mr): Two DS/Algo questions: DP and HashTable/BST related

Finally they offered me slightly higher than what other company was offering(They had claimed some good compensation initially)

Very good experience from their engineering team but very bad experience from their recruiters

Interview Questions

• Check if linked list is palindrome, search for string in file with brute force method, Fibonacci using static function etc   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basel (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Basel (Switzerland)) in January 2016.

Interview

I first had two phone interviews. One with the Hiring Manager and one with a Lead Developer. Afterwards I was asked to work on a Coding Challenge. I submitted the Challenge and a few days later I received an invitation to the office where I had six on-site interviews with Developers and Managers. The whole process took ruffly 30 days.

Interview Questions

• What would be your approach to refactor a legacy code base with focus on code quality?   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Interview

One on One. 4-5 rounds. Interviewers are good and give you enough time to think through problems and explain possible solutions. You are encouraged to use white board to explain stuff. Question related to current work experience are usual.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure and Java questions.
      Find sub array with max product in an array of integers
      Implement Producer/Consumer in java   1 Answer