Adobe Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Adobe Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Adobe

3.5

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe in January 2018.

Interview

HR scheduled two phone interviews, both of them were either delayed or cancelled. It was the worst experience I've ever had in my life. I was asked only one hard level leetcode question in the first coding interview and I was informed rejected after the absence of my second interviewer. It was completely wasting my time (waiting for the missing interviewer) and I highly doubt the structure of their interview setup (what's the point of judging data science knowledge by a single hard leetcode problem?) They could have hired an SE if that's what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Similar to the basic calculator problem in leetcode.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone call, was more of non-technical. In a weeks time had 45 min technical interview on Coderpad which went well. I was then given a take home test.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe in January 2019.

Interview

After a chat with recruiter, we had two phone interviews, then the onsite.

Recruiters were nice people, but they give ZERO information about what the interview is gonna be about. They say "it's gonna be a mix of technical and case study," but that's pretty much it. I'm not sure if it's the company policy to hide such info from the candidates (in that case, I cannot fault recruiters) or not, but I've never seen a company where recruiters were this clueless about the interview structure. They pretty much threw out the onsite interview time and 6 interviewers I'll be meeting like only few days before the onsite interview (it was just hey~ u'll have interview from X AM to Y PM, and these 6 people are names of your interviewers type of e-mail, zero info about who's gonna ask what types of questions), but since it overlaps with lunch time, I expected the one of the interviews would be lunch interview, but there was none. The recruiter didn't bother to tell me that, so I was hungry throughout the interview process.

The gap between two phone interviews and onsite interview was gigantic. I don't know if it was just me or that's the general case with Adobe data scientist interview. In the first phone interview, I was given a very easy question that can be solved via hash map, and the second phone interview was super basic ML and case study that involves t-test.

However, the onsite interview was MUCH MUCH more technical. They asked graduate-level stat questions (something in the ballpark of sketching the steps of PLS and stating conditions for convergence of Newton's method or not), and the case study questions were SUPER SPECIFIC to what that team was doing.

Overall, 4 of 6 interviewers were nice people, but the other 2 were not, especially the last one. One told me that I don't look good, and I told him "sorry, I'm a bit hungry," and then he was like "you should've eaten some food during lunch interview, who was your lunch interviewer?" I told him they didn't include lunch interview, then he went on to boasting about he once had a time when he didn't get any sleep and food and still did fine on the interview and got an offer: it was pretty obvious that he was insinuating I should do the same. And then he went on to saying my job experience doesn't seem to match the level of position I was applying, so I should seriously consider taking a level down, so I was like "eh.. ok."

However, it was really the last one that threw me off. From the beginning, he had this "why the hell should I be here" face, and then quickly introduced himself (starting from where he went for his undergrad, which I was not even curious about) and then didn't even ask me to introduce myself. That's fine, but then he took out a piece of paper, which seemed to be my resume, and then said the same thing that the other not-so-nice guy said: my job experience doesn't seem to match the level of position that I applied.

First, I didn't apply to that position. Recruiter contacted me through linkedin and then sent me the position and asked me to apply for it, which I did. It was kinda annoying to hear the same thing twice, especially from a seemingly rude man, but I said ok.

Then he asked a super specific case study question, to which I gave my best guess, but then he laughed (not for long, but for a very brief period), and gave me one hell of a condescending look and said "no," and then moved on to next question.

Usually, when I interview someone, if they don't answer correctly first time, I give them some hints and give them another chance. This guy just scoffed and then moved on to next question.

Then the interview was over. I went to airport, super-hungry, ate two hamburgers and then flew to my home. A week later, miraculously (I thought I was done after the last interview), I somehow got an offer, but as expected, a level below what I applied for, and the offer was very bad (considering tax, price level, even lower than what I'm currently making), and on top of that, my interview experience was far from good. I politely rejected the offer.

Interview Questions

• I signed NDA, so I cannot state the exact questions. Since the phone interviews were super easy, I'll give questions similar to what the onsite questions were like:

1) Sketch the proof for convergence of K-means algorithm
      2) State how AUC will change depending on the threshold
      3) Derive the MLE for linear regression and show how you would use it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 4-5 hour interview process after a presentation to a team of 15. i was interviewed by several teams and team heads. Was asked to solve problems on the board related to econometrics, data and R. I had to make a presentation about my PhD thesis. Quite a rigorous interview and daunting processes

Interview Questions

• Difference between logit and probit models.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with four interviewees in a row for 30 mins each. It was on-site 1-1 interview. They were very kind and chill! Definitely, working environment looks awesome.

Interview Questions

• Explain about correlation colored plot and make a story about a plot drawn on a white board. Also, technical questions were about data structure in Python/R and modeling experiences.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

A friend referred me for the position. The recruiter set up two phone screens. One for Statistics and one for coding. Got the invitation for onsite the next week. I interviewed at San Jose.

Interview Questions

• Create confidence intervals for finite sampled population   1 Answer
    • Logistic Regression vs Collaborative Filtering for Large Scale Categorical Variable output regression with a large number of features   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe in February 2017.

Interview

I was recommended by a company member. The member talks to me first and asks me some backgrounds. Then he said to me that he would contact me in a week. After one week, two research data scientists contact me and ask me some technical questions including my research topics, statistics, and coding techniques. The process is technical but I think they care more about research ability.

Interview Questions

• Q1: tell about your research topics and what is the difference between your methods and classic methods   1 Answer
    • Q2: What kind of coding language you use in handling large-scale dataset.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me regarding an opening in the Emeryville office, he was very polite and nice and scheduled a phone screening with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called, he didn't know which candidate he was speaking with! He kept asking open-ended questions and hung up as soon as I finished answering the last question and they didn't get back to me to give me any feedback as to whether they decided to move forward or not.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how would I approach the challenges they were facing at the time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online, had a couple phone screen (background chat & coding) with the hiring manager and a machine learning scientist, went onsite to San Jose office.

In case you haven't heard about it, Adobe is also in the marketing cloud business now. And so that's probably why they're hiring a bit more of people in data science. I was interviewed with one of such team. The overall scheduling and interviews are well arranged. A mixture of coding, statistics and modeling problems are tested. I wish there was timely feedback after all the interviews were done.

Interview Questions

• some high level idea of the real-world-ish problems they're solving   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

I sent resume from career fair on campus, and the recruiter reached me back in two days. Then After a phone call from recruiter we assigned a phone interview a week later (Jan 22nd). I have not heard back from them yet. Still in progress.

Interview Questions

• Generate all valid parentheses pairs of a given number of parentheses.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.