Adobe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Jun 2019
1,070 Interview Reviews

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through on campus career fair, and got onsite at their HQ in San Jose. The onsite was like another career fair of many teams at Adobe, you talked with them and might get selected for interview with some team the next day. I got two teams' interview opportunity and the instant feedback was really good. I had no idea why I heard no response till now.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed back in October.

I sent in my resume to the recruiters at my university's career fair. That night, I got a call from a recruiter, inviting me to an on-campus (at the University) interview the day after with Adobe. The interview itself lasted 30 minutes, wherein the interviewer asked me a few logistical questions for the first 5 minutes. Then, for the remaining time, we dived into a technical problem he asked. I actually struggled a little, but he was kind enough to guide me with hints here and there. We reached a solution at the end, though I did not have enough time to write it out fully. The interviewer himself was cordial - not necessarily nice, but not offensively cold either. All in all, an okay interview experience.

Interview Questions

• A not-so-basic question on solving a problem using a (flood-fill) algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was asked to create an application from scratch and given an entire workday to complete it. I was free to use the internet or any resources that I wanted. I was given specifications for the app and was told to complete as much as possible by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about programming?   Answer Question
    • If a user is uploading images and we're storing them somewhere... How would you name the files and where would they go (folder namespacing, etc.)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I got my interview through a resume drop at my university's CS career fair (for reference, my university is a top 20 CS school, top 50 overall).

First part of the process was a phone screen, and was also where my apprehension began with the position I was interviewing for. The screen was about 25 minutes, majority behavioral (what would you do in this situation, past projects, etc.). The closest thing I had gotten to a technical question was an open-ended question about writing a function that returns 1 given 0 and 0 given 1 (multiple solutions). I figured they gave me a snowball because the interviewer had decided to pass on me, but lo and behold I got an email the next day for an onsite (*excited*).

They flew me out to San Jose and put me up in a nice hotel. Interview process was like others have described on here: first day is a career fair/team matching event, second day is interviews. I got matched with two teams.

Both interviews were with a panel of senior engineers on each of the respective teams. The first interview had a handful of technical questions, some easy and some a little tougher but no DP or intricate problems; I thought I did above average. The second interview was entirely abstract, talking about my experience on past projects, thoughts on X or Y programming language, favorite university course/data structure/hobby. Not a single technical questions, which I thought was odd for a final round.

I got an offer from both teams I interviewed with, but ended up declining. From what I understand, both teams did their evaluations of me independently. The fact that team 2 had given me an offer without me having demonstrated any actual ability to code (between the phone screen and my interview with them) was a red flag for me. I use on-site interviews as a means to judge the caliber of the company I am interviewing for. While I found my interviewers very personable, the technical aspect of these interviews failed to make me feel as if I had "earned" the position, and overall gave me a negative perception of engineering culture at Adobe.

Adobe is a cool company doing interesting work, but in the end I decided to pursue other options.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. First round was on campus. After a few weeks, I got an invitation to the on-site interview at San Jose. The first day of on-site interview was meeting the teams. The second day is having interviews with teams that they schedule us. I happened to interview with a team in San Francisco, so I had to do video conferencing interview with them at San Jose. HR and interviewers are all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• - Given a list of ranges, merge the ranges that have overlap, and return the resulting ranges.
      - What is your favorite phone App and how could you improve it
      - How do you deal with situation when you don't get along well with your teammates
      - Describe a project you have done before and your contribution to it   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Provo, UT (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Only half and hour, they asked about a school project I did and had me solve an algorithm problem. The guy didn't seem too interested in too much detail of my answers, but that may have just been me. The algorithm was basically a mini form of regular expression checker without any type of regex library.

Application

Interview

I found Adobe through a college career fair on the east coast so Adobe paid for me to fly out to California at their main headquarters to visit and interview. There was first a short phone interview with another software engineer who mostly asked about my resume then had a few technical/coding question. Since it was over the phone, I just had to describe at a high level things like how a depth first search would work.

Then when I was onsite, the whole process lasted two days. The first day was a career fair style event where you could talk with all the different teams and decide which ones you would most want to work for. You then ranked the teams and they ranked you in order to setup interviews for the next day. For most of the interviews, I talked to a group of people (2-3), and they asked mostly questions about my resume. One of my interviews had no coding questions, and the other asked me to write a problem on the board.

Interview Questions

• How does a depth first search work?
      How would you insert an element into an already sorted linked list to maintain sorted order?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in the career fair. Got an interview on the spot for the following day. We've talked mostly about the company and the internship itself, not many technical questions. The interviewer was very nice and willing to answer questions. Was asked about the difference between Java and C++. Overall experience was positive.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

There were four, 1-hour interviews. It was clear that the interviewers didn't talk to each other between sessions, as the first 3 interviewers all asked me to write a for-loop on a whiteboard, presumably to make sure I wasn't in the wrong room. The rest were mostly basic language questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Calculate total number of manhole covers in San Francisco.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very long. I had to go through additional rounds of interviews after my onsite interview before getting the offer. But overall it was nice to have the opportunity in talking directly to the different teams that I could be getting the offer from. The interview style varies from one team to the other, and from round to round. Some rounds are just chatting about the team or resume, others might involve brain teasers, programming fundamentals, or programming problems.

Interview Questions

• Traverse a directed graph with cycle, without having to implement hashcode() or equals() in the node class.   Answer Question