Adobe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Adobe

1,077 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard recruiter call. Non standard process where I have to solve a take home problem and return it in a week; as opposed to an hour of a pair programming exercise.
    Recruiter was all nice until I gave in my submission after spending 2 full days on it. No reply ever since (have sent 4 follow up emails). Extremely unprofessional, idiotic and a complete waste of my time.
    Will be personally making sure none of my friends ever interviews with this Company again, there are a bunch of options in the Silicon valley and a company that does not treat its interviewees well; does not treat its employees well.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (Lehi, UT (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Getting the interview was the hardest, there were positions open, however it took forever to get the recruiters to call back. This was even with an employee referral, where eventually the referrer had to bypass the recruiter and give my resume straight to the manager.
    The people employed at Adobe, however, are incredible and friendly. So great to work with.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Adobe (Pitts, PA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The company came at my university for a career fair. I submitted my resume and got a call for an on site interview the next day. It was an half -an-hour long interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java questions like difference between hash tree and hash map, implementation of hash map etc. and discussion about my projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

After a brief talk at my campus career fair, I interviewed on-campus the next day. The interview went smoothly and the interviewer said I did excellently.

After 2 weeks, I emailed them wondering about the results. After 3, I emailed again and was finally rejected due to a very competitive process. It was ridiculous that it took 3 weeks and 2 emails to get my rejection. It was a poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Return the value of the item k away from the end of a LinkedList   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I dropped my resume at Adobe at a university career fair and got an on-campus interview the next day morning. A senior software engineer interviewed me, he was easy to chat with and seemed prepared for the interview. I didn't expect that the interview does not involve any algorithmic questions (which I spent a night preparing), but with four system-design-like questions. It took a week to know they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How to implement a semaphore with mutex?
      How does a mobile app obtain data from server?
      Write a SQL query to get some attribute from some table?
      How to move and rotate a window from one state to another?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied during an on-campus hiring event. They called up the same evening to set up 1:1 on-campus first interview.
    Once i got through, i was invited to the Adobe Career fair in San Jose. There, i was able to meet a lot of teams with open positions available, and i had to select the teams i thought would be a good fit for me. The teams also selected candidates who they think are a good fit, and when there is a match, an interview is scheduled. I was selected by two teams and notified that night. The interviews were scheduled for the next day.

Interview Questions

• I had 3 rounds totally:
      1) On campus round: a 45 min interview just one day after applying at the college career fair. the interview was very chilled out, he asked a few background and resume based questions. then he asked a OOD question about design a system for elevators. we spend about 30 mins on that going deeper into the details gradually.
      2) 2 on-site rounds after the teams selection: 50 mins each
      i) First team : basic background questions and resume questions. Then i was asked to write java code to check whether or not a string had balanced parentheses or not. It started off as a simple problem and gradually they added further restrictions.
      ii) Second team: Went deep into java basics, data structures, collections, recursion, time and space complexities. i was asked to write the recursive, iterative and memoized iterative version of the fibonacci numbers code and we discussed the pros and cons of each   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter who contacted me on Linkden and then she forwarded my resume to hiring managers who requested that I have a technical interview. The technical interview went about 30 minutes and they asked me to come to their headquaters

Interview Questions

• Write a binary tree class and do a breadth first search.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 3 on-site interviews. Interviews were not very hard and people were great. Some white board problems to figure out if you really know how to code, not too hard.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Adobe (Emeryville, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was with the TubeMogul team of Adobe. Very interactive experience.
    Initial call with the recruiter. Explained in detail what the company does.
    Next, phone round with the Manager. Asked questions on resume. Collections framework in Java. What happens when you type an URL in a browser?

Next onsite interview of 4 rounds, 2 coding rounds, 1 system design and 1 object-oriented design round.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview with the manager:
      Q: What are the different classes in the collection frameworks in Java?
      Q: What is concurrent hashmap and how does it work?
      Q: What happens when you type an URL in a browser

Onsite interview:
      Round1: Was with the manager. Design a spell checker.
      Behavioral about how will you act in a situation when you are given a very short deadline for a project.

Round 2: Level order traversal of a BT. Difference between Queue,add() and Queue,offer()

Round 3: SQL queries. Resume based questions. Coding question involving hashmap and queues.

Round 4: Object oriented design for a Connect 4 board game.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to notify me of entry-level opportunities at Adobe. After a short phone call to discuss my work experience and interests, we scheduled an on-campus technical interview with an Adobe engineer. The interviewer did a good job clarifying any questions I raised about the problem I needed to solve.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, find the lowest common ancestor of two nodes.   Answer Question