Aetna Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Aetna Interview Questions

Interviews at Aetna

2.7

A1A Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Real basic STAR questions. I assume due to my experience they kind of did the interview as a formality. Went from initial contact to accepted offer in 4 days. Was the easiest interview I think I've ever had.

National Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds. First was a casual call with the head of the team. 2nd was an in-person interview with the head of the team. 3rd was with 2 account managers and Director of Account Management. It went well, with a flowing, natural conversation and a couple of thoughtful questions.

Interview Questions

• How has previous work experience shaped your current job?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in June 2020.

Interview

They ghost you.
    Had a phone screen with a recruiter, and with a Data Scientist in the team. The recruiter acts rude and arrogant, the Data Scientist phone screen was pretty good. Was based on my resume, after that zero communication. The arrogance shown by the recruiter is a big red flag - ghosting is another red flag. So imagine you get into this company, you'll pretty much be no more than a number on their P&L.

Interview Questions

• Assumptions of Linear regression, basic stats and ML qs.   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Wellesley, MA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took over 1 month, including 1 technical interview on coderpad and then a virtual ‘onsite’. This first technical interview was typical and gave me a little time to learn more about the role and the team. The ‘onsite’ was 3.5 hours, and included 1 additional technical interview, which consisted of the interviewer ‘pop-quizzing’ me with about 40 stats, ML, python, and product questions for an hour (over the allotted time limit), leaving no time for discussion or questions. Although I learned little about the role and the team during this set of interviews, it revealed plenty of red flags about the work culture. After the virtual ‘onsite’, they ghosted me.

Interview Questions

• Pandas data manipulation
      Differences between list comprehensions, looping, vectorization
      What is the difference between cross-validation and bootstrapping?
      Choose a classification metric for a medical test
      Describe how to setup an AB test   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Total 3 rounds of technical interview.
    1st - Phone interview - Basic technical screening for SQL, Python,R etc
    2nd - Phone interview (due to Covid-19) - Project Experience and Problem Solving
    3rd - Same day phone interview - Project Experience and Problem Solving

Potential two more rounds of technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• How will you add two lists in Python?
      Example given. What would be the result of inner join (SQL)?
      How do you calculate Gini Index?
      Write a short pseudo-code (over Webex) for given problem.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Talent acquisition reached out to me in 2 weeks. I was asked few high level question about Hadoop. Then Recruiter said to ping him if nothing happens in 2 weeks.
    In 2-3 weeks I got invitation to participate in 3 interview in same day: 2 interviews with hiring managers and one kind of technical interview. 1 week or so, later I got invitation to participate in 2 more interviews, both were technical.

Few days later got an answer from recruiter.

Well, it was worst interviewing experiences in 2020. I had to cancel right after the first technical interview and do not loose a time.
     Interviews hardly focused on issues they faced before but not on software engineering in general.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with Python?   Answer Question
    • One of interviews went down to CPU, cores, L1-L3 caches talking about JVM memory. Not sure what he really wanted to hear there.   Answer Question
    • Asked to implement collection and complained about some scaling aspects, however these being addressed addressed as much as it is doable in 25-30 minutes.   Answer Question
    • Another interview asked about Hive specific behavior with that or another dataset and expected 100% correct syntax for Hive query.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewer was curtious. The meeting ran for 45 minutes. Basic quizzing through the previous experiences. Fundamental questions regarding the manual testing along with automation framework. Asked about examples of how much my contribution was to the entire project.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Contacted by a company recruiter on LinkedIn. Had a phone screen to discuss interview logistics, visa requirements, salary expectations and get an overview of what the job entails.

Moved to tech screen on the phone, quite easy, simply asked to describe current data science work experience and simple python, sql questions (albeit, over the phone, so quite unintuitive). Moved to onsite and was initially invited to interview at their NYC office. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, interview was moved online with 4 different interviewees (1 DS, 1 Principal DS, 1 Lead DS and the Executive Director)

On the day of the "onsite" interview, the 1st interviewer was 20 minutes late to our webex call. They asked me a bunch of highly theoretical questions (mathematical formulae) related to logistic regression, which I found highly unintuitive considering that this was a phone call and not a whiteboarding session. The 2nd interviewer was very good, and we mostly discussed project experience in great depth. They were very polite and responsive to my questions and claimed to have enjoyed our chat and said they were impressed by my skillset, communication and experience.
    During the break, I received an email stating that the Executive Director would not be able to make the interview and I would have to reschedule it for next week. I didn't think too much of it at the time and prepared for my 4th interview, which was a challenging review of 3 separate case studies that I really enjoyed. I enjoyed interacting with the Lead DS and they seemed to be impressed with my skills and communication, even going so far as to state that they look forward to working with me. This led me to believe that I had a reasonable chance at landing this position.

Barely 3 hours later, I received an email from the recruiter stating that while they were impressed by my skills, communication and experience, they "decided to change direction somewhat in terms of aligned technical expertise and business needs". Which makes it obvious that I wasn't being considered for this position in all seriousness. The decision was definitely made unilaterally behind the scenes, since I didn't even get the opportunity to speak with the Executive Director and state my case. I feel like I was denied a fair chance at landing a position I was passionate about in an increasingly difficult job market. Extremely disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Theoretical Logistic Regression Questions - MLE
      Case studies - Unsupervised Learning, Clustering   1 Answer

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Denver, CO (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter, follow up interview with team, very professional and behavior based questions, Great final interview with Leadership of flagship program, Total of 3 interviews resulting in a follow up reach out from the recruiting team. Very accommodating regarding time constraints, recruiter interview was more formal information regarding resume and experience, colleague interview was more specific to the practice, day to day functions, Long term growth building a new program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and or how you went above and beyond to take care of a customer   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with HR a week later. I was later invited for a Skype interview with the manager a few days later since I could not do an on-site interview. They got back to me three days later with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have done that is similar to this role?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.