Agoda Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Agoda Interview Questions

Interviews at Agoda

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Below mentioned Questions asked , It was a hour discussion , It was a friendly discussion and quite professional , It focused on Scaling discussions and basic java , multithreading discussions

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Lengthy. There were a series of online tests that had to be passed mixed in with preliminary interviews. All prior to in person interviews. Extremely thorough and efficient. Very quickly communications with Human Resources.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The whole process took 3 months. I submitted an application on 1st September 2019. The next month, I was contacted to do a skill test in which I feel I did splendidly and got the 1st interview with the lead. The lead interview went very well, we connected. The following week, I was scheduled for an interview with the project manager. Actually, I knew him via email because I have worked as a vendor for Agoda before I applied for this job. The interview went quite well until the point when he asked me whether I do sports. I know I am a chubby person but he seems like he does not believe that I maintain a healthy lifestyle. I refused to answer the salary expectation question because there would not be a good answer to that, but I was pushed and I gave a number and he was a bit shocked and said "This is just your expectation and negotiable, right?" which I answered "Of course". I did my research on salary expectation on glassdoor and even I gave him the lowest number of salary in Bangkok, he was surprised. Then, things went cold with an interview closing "The decision will be made in few weeks, if you have any question, you can ask the recruiter". WTH? After waiting and following up very politely and kindly for nearly a month, I got a generic rejection message of "You are a higly qualified candidate, it's just not the right time". It very dissapointing knowing that I have worked as a contributor and they admitted that I did my job fast, accurate, and insightful. I wished the process just could have been faster and more transparent and if they have discord regarding my answer they should've asked. My whole admiration of Agoda is dead in the ditch and would never associate myself with the company or the product ever. Whatever, employer branding initiative that they shove to you, it is just a bluff. Be aware with this company.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)

Interview

I just got an email from recruiter and then was given an assessment to take work on.

This online assessment was so hard and so pointless that I just put in answers without thinking because it’s such a waste of time.

Why are companies even giving these exams? Like what is the value anymore?

I clearly failed and got email saying so.

This company sounds like they are stuck in the 80’s with these tests for seasoned workers!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda in June 2019.

Interview

This is for a position in Bangkok. They were posting all over LinkedIn as various US locations, but explicitly saying they would relocate you to Bangkok, which is how I found the position. I applied, and got reached out within 1 day for the first part of the screening:
    It was one timed test (multiple choice + 3 coding). Then I passed this, and I scheduled a skype interview. They asked me some random knowledge questions and a few coding. The knowledge questions were honestly a bit weird, they were very theory and unrelated to most practical use cases.

After that, it was a coding challenge that you could take however long you wanted to complete, up to some number of days. This was a fun exercise, with extensions if you're interested in taking it that far, but they explicitly mention you shouldn't be spending a whole day on it (in total number of hours).

Then, it was 1 more skype interview which involved some behavioral questions + knowledge questions, as well as 2 coding.
    After this, they were ready to take me to the next stage, which was the fly out. They had an engineering manager call me to provide me more info on logistics, salary, etc. to set expectations.

Finally, it got to booking the onsite fly out interview. It took them couple days to finalize all these logistics, and after some back and forth, it finally it was set in stone - they booked everything for me for approx. 4 weeks in advance and I was preparing for the trip.

Then, several days later, they decided to cancel the entire onsite because of changed project priorities, which was really disappointing, since I had already planned my schedule around it. They were very polite about it though, which I appreciate.

Overall the actual interview screens were not that technically difficult. You will have to worry about scheduling around time zones. They were fairly responsive when setting up the screens, but were less responsive when figuring out the onsite logistics.

Interview Questions

• Clean code architecture
      Basic coding questions involving arrays and concurrency   2 Answers

Partner Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agoda (Orlando, FL (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Quick contact. thorough process and challenging interviews. Had to go through the recruiter screening, followed up by interviews with varying levels of management (manager, hiring manager, regional and upper mgmt).

Interview Questions

• Sample case examples where provided (strategic decision making, account mgmgt scenarios)   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Received an informal email from a hiring manager in Singapore. Emailed again and then postponed. Was sent a video link that was ignored....received a phone call. The person interviewing me was a director of product who was trying to be much smarter and insightful than he really was and it was super apparent. Bizarre culture -

Interview Questions

• "Tell me how this hypothetical scenario of adding a new product line would hurt our core business? "Two seconds later " I mean how would it show incremental growth to our core product line"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agoda in February 2019.

Interview

Recruiter called me over a VOIP line with an HK number eventhough he was based out of Bangkok. I could barely understand his English and he kept pressing me for numbers regarding salary. Like poker, you never show your hand. After reading other reviews, I will probably want to excuse myself from the process before I waste any more time.

Supply Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was quick and swift. They were very clear and orderly. I just didn't have the experience they needed to tackle the responsibilities of this role. Overall, it was a great learning experience and meeting the team.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview asking about you background.
    Two rounds of technical interviews including algorithms, statistics, and brain teasers.
    I was a local applicant, so it was an on-site interview. I had to explain my answers and calculations on a white board. The difficulty was average.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It began with a call with the recruiter who was very nice in the entire process. I then met with two people in person which went well but in the end I did not get it due to someone else with more experience. I think my main complaint and reason for writing a review is that the recruiter scheduled time with me to let me know I did not get the job because someone else had more experience. As someone who does not like confrontation that much, it was very awkward to hear this news because initially he scheduled it for the very end of the day. All day I was waiting and curious what it was about- possibly thinking it was an offer. I think an email would have been fine. but that is just my preference.

Interview Questions

• Mostly how I deal with clients - a time a scenario went well, did not go well.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.