Akamai Account Development Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Akamai Account Development Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Akamai

3.6

Account Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)).

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Contacted by internal recruiter to schedule a screening. Entire process consisted of phone screening from internal recruiter followed up by an in-person interview and then 2-3 phone interviews with the hiring manager and his manager. Entire process took around 4-5 weeks from first touch to hiring. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• How well do you grasp new technologies?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Account Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akamai in July 2015.

Interview

It was a fantastic experience getting through various interview phases and I really found it challenging and interesting.

But the HR team at Bangalore, India is filled by people who doesn't have any idea about their responsibilities. They are ruining the reputations of Akamai, a company which is ready to spend a lot of money to find the best talent for the right job. PEOPLE AT USA NEED TO ENSURE THEY SET THE HR PROCESS RIGHT AT INDIA,ELSE THEY ARE HEADING TOWARDS A WRONG DIRECTION.

Interview Questions

• Presentation on Akamai target industry and where to get more customers   1 Answer

Account Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

multiple stages, phone interview, face to face, sample prospecting email. you will meet more than one person in f2f and it is as much a test of your competency as it is your personality fit for the culture

Interview Questions

• about how i use the internet, what i like/dislike about websites and my experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Bengaluru) in August 2011.

Interview

I first received a call from the HR after my friend recommended me. Then it went on to a discussion with the HR on the requirement that they had. After the discussion with the HR a telephonic interview with the Manager I would be reporting to was scheduled. In this phase I was asked questions about my past work experience, what I knew about the company, my understanding of how the internet works and where a CDN came into the picture. After this round I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview with the Director of Marketing, who asked me the same questions from the earlier round. He was basically trying to access my attitude and willingness to learn. Post this, I was setup for a Video Conference call with the VP of Marketing who asked a few generic questions and then asked me to do a mock product demo. After all these rounds I was asked to interact with the Sales re I was to be working with for him to assess if he would be comfortable working with me. Finally I had to do a product presentation using power point and a mock pitch to promote Akamai's services. This is the most important round as all managers and team members I would be working with were present to assess my attitude and fit for the job role. After this the HR sent the offer letter which I was satisfied with and they performed a background check.

Overall I'd say that the interview process is long but a journey worth taking.

Interview Questions

• Your understanding of how the internet works and where a CDN comes into play.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Akamai's pay is the best in the Industry and hence there is not much room for negotiation as you would most likely be satisfied with the pay they offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akamai (Bengaluru) in February 2010.

Interview

Akamai has a very grilling interview process for each and every hire. The aims and objectives of the role are very clearly defined and the focus is on the individual's ability to cope up with a fast paced challenging industry environment. I got an initial call from the HR, then had a telephonic interview with the hiring manager. The next step was a 1:1 interview with the hiring team followed by a presentation on Akamai products and solutions. Next steps were a meeting with the DIrector and followed by a aptitude and engish test.

Interview Questions

• How will you sell Akamai to a specific industry and which solutions will be applicable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In terms of compensation Akamai has the best in class packages and facilities. I would recommend to set up the expectations clearly with the HR / Hiring manager.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.