Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 20 Feb 2017

3.1

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Did the video interview and received a call the next day from a recruiter. You have 30 seconds to think about your answer and it gets recorded. No turning back! I think if you smile and are positive during your video interview you'll get a call back even if you mess up a little. Went to the face to face interview and there was about 30-35 people there. On the phone the recruiter mentioned we would be doing group activities but when I was at the interview we had a one on one with someone from HR and then another interview with a duty supervisor or manager. Everyone was very friendly! Don't be nervous. Talk with the people around you and relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
    • How would you greet someone while checking in?   Answer Question
    • Has your current manager ever given you criticism and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the end of January and received a invitation to take the Hirevue video interview on February 8th and did the interview on February 10. You have 3 days to take the interview. I really don't like video interviews, I don't think they give a fair reflection of the applicant whose applying for the job, but that's what most airlines are doing these days. It's also really awkward and uncomfortable to have to look at yourself as you're being recorded answering the questions. I felt like I stuttered my way through the interview and basically bombed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were part of a team and had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question
    • How will you handle the demands of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your work experience and resume.   Answer Question
    • Time you had to provide for the safety of customers.   Answer Question
    • What part of Alaska Airlines mission of safety and exceptional customer service do you support and how will help them achieve that?   Answer Question

Boardroom Concierge-LAX Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

A few weeks after applying I was contacted via email to submit a video interview. A little nerve wrecking but a easy process 8 questions. Was then contacted by Recruiter for phone interview. Very quick process, then set up for in person interview in the boardroom. Met with Hiting manager and lead recruiter at the same time. Very nice women. Interview was pleasant and about 40 min.

Interview Questions

• Heavy customer service related questions.

"Tell me about a time that you have a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled the situation."
      Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Manhattan Beach, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

First you are invited to an online virtual interview which consists of 7 questions. After this, if they like you they will call you and invite you to a group interview along with an orientation, and after a 1:1 with a hiring manager. The in person interview was about 2-3 hours long. They ask you questions about your work experience and how to deal with angry customers. I worked at Starbucks for three years and In-N-Out for two years and was not offered a job. I also felt my one on one interview was rushed.

Interview Questions

• How would you deescalate an issue with a customer?
      When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Tell me a little bit about your previous work experience.
      Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews, including a video interview, phone interview, then in-person. Each interview lasted anywhere from fifteen to thirty minutes in length. Most of the questions are focused on customer service and conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were required to handle a difficult customer and how you responded.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you've dealt with a difficult co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The whole process so far has taken 4 months. I received my invitation for the HireVue video interview about 2 months after submitting my application online. In the interview, I was asked 9 questions (typical job interview questions i.e. "Why do you want to work for Alaska?". I had 30 seconds to prepare for my recorded video answer, and about 2 minutes to answer each question.

Since I wasn't contacted for so long, I had assumed I didn't make the cut, but 7 weeks after submitting my video, I was invited to the in-person interview in Seattle. I'll be attending the in-person interview next week!

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment of great stress. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Interview

Process was this during the hiring event: Coordinators come in, set stuff up, sign us in, and have us chill for a bit for the early birds. Then comes the orientation which I chose the 9am session. Recruiters present stuff via powerpoint for 30 min. then the Station Supervisors and Managers also present and answer questions. One thing that bugged me is how they have possiblg have a "spy". I observe people and have a degree in psychology and have a ton of experience in non-verbal gestures/observations, sure enough I see some of the supervisors eyeing people probably looking for red flags. One of them eyed this girl who was on her phone occasionally, then the other was a young male candidate who was smirking and shaking his head. Anyway, after orientation, we were given a 10 minute break. Then the young coordinator announced the timings for our interview. Recruiters pull us out for interviews. If you don't pass, the coordinators will have a brief chat with you letting you know you didn't get it as told by the person sitting next to me who was downright upset. Came my turn and I was interviewed by a recruiter. The interview was a typical why Alaska, dealing with high volume high pressure and upset customer, as well as the typical STAR type of Q&A. I was then put back in the orientation room and was pulled by one of the supervisor for the 2nd (and final) round in which I was ask almost the same thing that the recruiter asked, but this one had a technical interview where I had to find the alaska website and book flights, simulating basic job of reservations agent. After the interview, I was told that I will hear back within 24 hours from the coordinators. Sure enough 24 hours came and got a call for an offer. I declined and told the person that the pay was too low for this great airline company and the morale seems sketchy to me by just obersving the supervisors spying on people.

Interview Questions

I had other interviews lined up and the pay was WAY too low for this great airline company. Benefits was okay, but the wage won't be enough to actually go on vacations and be able to live comfortably and survive here in Seattle.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Kennewick, WA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After 3 days I received an invitation for a digital interview and need to finish it in 3 businessdays. I submitted it today Jan.9,2017. I hope I can hear back soon.

FLIHT ATTENDANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email for an on line interview. I completed this over the weekend, then had a call from a recruiter in less than a week and an offer to go to Seattle for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if another crew member was not doing their duties.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

Started with orientation. Had scheduled group interviews with about 10 people and a scheduled two on one interview. Group lasted one hour. Two on on lasted 30 minutes. Had to wait for everyone to finish and then found out if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced bad customer service as a customer. Name a time you had good experience as a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does professionalism mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Have you taken any thought to moving to anchorage Alaska? How do you feel about it?   Answer Question
    • What would be the most challenging part about being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • If you knew you couldn't evacuate people out the back of the plane but a superior/lead flight attendant said you could, what would you do?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.