Allegiant Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Allegiant Travel Interview Questions

Interviews at Allegiant Travel

2.8

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The ways to be chosen thru a reference program that matters. The interview is completed on allegianttravel.com employment it is a traditional employment application. there are a few things you may need to scan in, verify that you are who you are to make sure all is safe which for a "pre-screen". Then, you will recieve an e-mail from Allegiant with an extending an offer for "new hire training" and that completes it with a welcome letter.

Interview Questions

• airport needs to re-vap their own training style for people as information becomes up-to-date-&-current for the ways of understanding the now, instead of using old style teaching and false information.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I tried by Best to negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

Direct hires seem to be the norm here, as they do not appear to want to pay recruiters fees if they don't have to. The person who hired me gave me a phone interview, then a brief in person interview. I suppose I was lucky enough to have applied during a time when they desperately needed several engineers.

Interview Questions

• None. There are a few engineering teams, so each hiring manager may throw different curveballs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiating. Go high, raises are non-existent here.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then a programming test. Afterwards, you are pulled into discussing topics with a few of the members of the team. There are a lot of things they talk about, like company culture and how things are run. They will usually try to sell you the company once you like you enough.

Interview Questions

• Mostly stuff on various frameworks and tools you would use to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prairie View, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Prairie View, TX (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Very comfortable and relaxed. Basic interviewing questions with a pretty simple quiz at the end. The interview took place in late may and they wanted me out there the first week of June. They don’t provide any company housing you’ll be staying in an employees actual home (didn’t like that too much). Otherwise overall very great company that wants you to learn while working with them.

Station Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online and showed up for my interview two weeks later. The interview itself lasted about twenty-five minutes and was very welcoming and laid back. I received an email the next day about how to move forward with the fingerprinting process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Allegiant?   Answer Question
    • What's one thing you've wanted to accomplish but have been unable to?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you took ownership over a work situation   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to adhere to a company policy that you didn't particularly agree with   Answer Question
    • Can you lift 75 pounds and push/pull 300 pounds?   Answer Question

Station Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Bellingham, WA (US)).

Interview

I have friends that work for airlines in the same airport, so I thought Allegiant would be a good fit for me. Applied online and got an interview instantly. Literally showed up 15 minutes early to my interview just to have no one from the airline show up. I waited 30 minutes past my interview time, and still no one was there. I emailed them to see if maybe they had forgotten my interview, and got no reply. Completely unprofessional and unorganized. The workers are unprofessional, the management is overworked and unorganized, and the planes always break down. Don't work here.

Interview Questions

• They usually ask about past customer service experience and well as questions about your hobbies and interests.   Answer Question

Network Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel in July 2019.

Interview

Quick with two round of interviews. The HR person was quick and asked me basic company related questions. But then after the interview, she processed me to the second round. I had a telephonic interview with director of planning and I could easily say that the director was NOT even interested in taking the interview. Based on how my name looked, he literally was ready to put down the phone and shut off. Totally unfair to people of color that these type of people run the businesses who just guess on people and are not even interested in knowing peoples background. He was just in a rush to get done with the interview and did't even have courtesy to ask me about my background in the resume. There should be an action taken to people who practice such illegal hiring tactics. So for the people of color this is not the correct place.

Interview Questions

Allegiant Travel Response

26 Jul 2019 – Sr Manager Talent and Employment Services

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry your interview experience did not meet expectations. Our goal is to provide the best possible candidate experience for everyone. Allegiant is an equal... More

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward and quick process. There was an initial phone call (very basic), an onsite face to face interview and then I was brought back for an onsite skills test. There was nothing tricky about the process and they were good at communicating with me at all steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• Technical test - Rapid prototype a landing page, email, modal view and an ajax call.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel.

Interview

They will send you a PHP coding test for the first test. Then, they will send you another test which is more JavaScript oriented.

Then they will bring you in for an on-site interview.

During the on-site interview I felt like they took the time just to make their egos bigger. I just recently left a Lead Software Engineer job at Google and I applied here only because there's no web development jobs in Vegas. During the course of the interview, they went over my code test and talked crap about it the whole time. They already saw my code, if they felt it wasn't strong enough, they shouldn't have invited me in.

The hiring guy told me that he tried applying to jobs at the Bay Area but couldn't find anything. Well, go figure.

After the interview, they took me around on a tour. Try finding a smile on any of the employees faces and you won't find any.

Then the recruiter guy called me and said hey, they're wondering how you got the job at Google. They were saying they must have a more stricter hiring criteria than Google. They said they will hire you, and maybe in 4 years you will be on their level. Apparently Google developers are not on this company's level. Wow. Sounds like hating. Funny thing is, they wanted to give me an offer but at $30k less than the original offer. And they already pay half of what they give you in the bay area mind you. Then they told me to wait for the offer, and it never came. Sounds like another ego trip. I wasn't going to accept the offer any way.

Glassdoor community, don't waste your time with these guys who only seek people to interview to make them feel better about themselves. I would be happy to have someone from Google interviewing with us, but it wasn't that way with them.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied through their website and was quickly invited for a technical phone interview. That lasted about 30 minutes where I was asked purely technical questions about HTML, CSS and a little bit of JavaScript. I was then invited for an on site technical interview that lasted about 2 hours. The challenge was to build a web page based on a mockup they give you and to make it mobile friendly. The second part was a super simple JavaScript and jQuery exercise that involved filtering an array. Both interviewers were cordial but it was clear both initial interviews were solely to check if a candidate was technically proficient for the position. There were no general interview questions nor were there any questions about background. Know your stuff and for better or worse don't expect any pleasantries until you make it past the technical parts.

Interview Questions

• Build a static web page from a given mockup and style it. Make it mobile friendly.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.