Cerner Interview Question: Allergy,posting date accordin... | Glassdoor.co.in

Interview Question

Software Engineer Interview Kansas City, MO (US)

Allergy,posting date according to timezone,person

demographics problem Medication Frequency problem and given error log to identify error Fever temperature problem and discuss a time when you automated a task to make life easier
Answer

Interview Answer

43 Answers

Hi . Did they inform about results till now?

jakuski ran on 11-Jun-2016

Hi ..Yes i got the offer!

Anonymous on 13-Jun-2016

Can you please elaborate the question ?

Anonymous on 13-Jun-2016

How many days did it take to respond ?

Jakuski ran on 14-Jun-2016

My recruiter responded after a week

Anonymous on 14-Jun-2016

Can I please have the answer?

Hi Here are the questions:
1st hour: 1) Design a system for entering and displaying the allergies patients have with given fields!
 2) Person Demographic Problem to store information about every person!
3)To record a new born's birth date and time reflecting the timezone.
2nd hour: 1) Implementing a system that notifies nurse when a patient should receive medications
2) An error log is give , we need to identify error
3rd hour: Temperature class to know whether patient has fever or not and in what location is the reading taken such as mouth,armpit,ear

Anonymous on 22-Jun-2016

For some questions answers are posted in glassdoor!

Anonymous on 22-Jun-2016

Hi...did you answer all the questions correctly?? They asked me the same questions. I have answered the programs correctly except that fever program there i got bit confusion.but I couldn't properly explain the error log.

Anonymous on 22-Jun-2016

Hey i didnt answer all the questions correctly ..they helped me if i am struck ..

Anonymous on 22-Jun-2016

Is this for entry level or new grad position?

Anonymous on 24-Jun-2016

Can you explain how to notify a nurse please ?

Anonymous on 25-Jun-2016

They are hiring new grads also for these Software Engineer positions!

Anonymous on 25-Jun-2016

I dont have the logic for medication question..when i was struck in this question..Interviewer helped me that u can implement a queue algorithm!

Anonymous on 25-Jun-2016

What is the relation between queue algorithm and notify?

Anonymous on 25-Jun-2016

Well he(interviewer) just said that as a queue is a fifo datastructure..when a nurse looks for medication, it shows the first medication to be given and then it shows the next one when to be given. I dint implement the logic!!

Anonymous on 25-Jun-2016

my hr status is showing a . (dot) , any idea what does this status tell

Anonymous on 29-Jun-2016

It means there are chances you are going to get the offer! And for how many days did your status change?

Thanks, I had Interview on Last Thursday and status changed to dot(.) on Monday

Anonymous on 29-Jun-2016

Do we have to wear a suit for onsite rounds?

Anonymous on 04-Jul-2016

not required

Anonymous on 05-Jul-2016

Hey, even my status changed from interviewing to dot(.) Did you end up getting the job eventually?

Anonymous on 08-Jul-2016

I had my Experience Cerner Day on June 30. As of today July 8, my HR Status says "Interviewing." What is my chance of getting the offer?

Anonymous on 08-Jul-2016

@above Hey, even I came to Experience Cerner Day on June 30th, my HR status went from interviewing to dot(.) on July 6th. Any idea what this means? do you know anyone you came that day to get the offer?

Anonymous on 11-Jul-2016

No, I don't know anyone who came that day. My status also changed to . (dot)

Anonymous on 12-Jul-2016

I got selected with .(dot) status

Anonymous on 15-Jul-2016

@above, your status changed to dot and you got offer? Can I know when you had your interview, when it changed to dot and when you got offer?

Anonymous on 15-Jul-2016

Can someone please provide approximate answers to those FEVER and NOTIFY NURSE MEDICATION problems??

Anonymous on 18-Jul-2016

I had my interview on July 8th. The status is still "Interviewing". I emailed the recruiter too but no reply yet. What should i expect with this?

Anonymous on 20-Jul-2016

Hi ! Even I had my interview on July 7th. I did'nt got any response. Can we still expect ?

Anonymous on 24-Jul-2016

Hi, this is the response i got when i asked for update on Thursday the next week...
Thanks for following up again! As was stated, we do ask that you please give the recruiters about two weeks time to get back to you with a response. Tomorrow will mark the two week time period so you should hear something soon! If you don’t hear anything next week, feel free to reach back out!
But my status on portal is still "Interviewing", any chance?

Anonymous on 26-Jul-2016

How long does it take to get feedback from them??

Anonymous on 02-Aug-2016

Hi ,if u dont mind, how much time did your first phone interview last?

Anonymous on 17-Aug-2016

I had interview on 21st Sep,2016 in Malvern,PA for software engineer position did anyone give interview on the same day? They are 3 rounds of interview on the same day back to back lasting 1hr each. Does anyone got the result or feedback from the HR or recruiter? How long does it take for Cerner to give the decision in this case? I emailed HR regarding the decision no reply yet. Is there anyone with the similar situation.

Portal status "Interviewing".

Anonymous on 29-Sep-2016

Hey what are questions asked in the interview, can you please elaborate them because I have an interview for Software Engineer Malvern, PA position.

Anonymous on 30-Sep-2016

I had my interview on 21sep 2016, PA position. Still waiting for the feedback.

Anonymous on 03-Oct-2016

Did anyone got the feedback interviewed on 21st sep?

Anonymous on 05-Oct-2016

Hi, I had my interview last week. It shows .(dot) status in application status. Any idea what does it mean?

Anonymous on 13-May-2017

.How many days does it take to get back?

Hi, I had the second round video interview on May 25th,2017 on 26-May-2017

So if the status changes to .(dot) , does it mean I am selected or still not? Did anybody with .(dot) got rejected too? Please post here.

Anonymous on 14-Jul-2017

@above Did you get selected? And is there anyone who got rejected with the .(dot) status.

Anonymous on 24-Jul-2017

@above can anyone please confirm .(dot) status means we got the job.

anonymous on 03-Aug-2017

Hey, Are they expecting a solution using Threads for the medication problem? How did you add the alert functionality for the nurse?

Anonymous on 18-Jan-2018

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.