Allianz Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Allianz Insurance Interview Questions

Interviews at Allianz Insurance

IT Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allianz Insurance (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I apply the job on the website and waiting almost 2 weeks to get a reply. Then, they let me do a visual interview. There are 4 questions in the interview and all of them are normal questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself,
      Name an area that can be improved for the company   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Insurance in September 2020.

Interview

It took one month starting with telephone interview then after three weeks a face-to-face interview with two managers. Overall it was good and the questions were not difficult. Most of the questions were technical.

Health and Safety Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Insurance (Guildford, England (UK)) in July 2020.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was initially contacted by telephone for an informal conversation by the hiring manager. A week later I have a remote interview in which took around an hour with questions from the hiring manager and also HR person. Was not an easy interview as I was expecting a technical type of questions and so was slightly thrown by the style of the interview. I was never told the outcome of the interview and assumed that I had not been successful which was disappointing considering I had taken time to meet with them.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you broke the rules at work?   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Insurance (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2020.

Interview

It was a quick process. HR administered everything well. The first round interview was conducted via zoom due to covid19. I found the interviewers too formal and quite impersonal. Not sure how they would judge personality fit from it.

Interview Questions

• Strengths that I needed for the job   1 Answer

Interview

Good and thorough. Professional manner throughout the process. Took roughly one hour with 2 people in the room going through what the role entails and how you envisage you will carry out the role also.

Interview Questions

• Plan for years ahead giving a vision of what you can bring to the role   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allianz Insurance.

Interview

It was very easy. competency-based questions. They were very friendly and this made me feel good and I answered all of their questions. Then they offered me the job and I accepted and later on I moved to another department.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allianz Insurance (Guildford, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Online app
    Situational judgement
    Video interview
    A/C which included hotel and food.
    Overall pretty good, yet the interview materials weren't very inspiring...a bit rigid. The group assessment was also pretty uninspiring in scope of problem to solve. However, interview technique let me down, which wasn't their fault.

Interview Questions

• Assess a case within the insurance space dealing with product offerings   1 Answer

IT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allianz Insurance (Guildford, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Initial application included filling out details about yourself e.g. education, cv, experience etc. In the application, you are also required to answer two essay based questions about 200-300 words each. After submitting your application, within 24-48 hours you are invited to the online assessment tests, if you pass the initial screening. The tests will depend on your stream you applied for, in my case it was the 'IT stream, hence my tests were 3 situational tests about potential scenarios I may come across working within Allianz IT department and general business related exercises.

If you were successful at this stage, you will be than forwarded a link to book yourself for an interview slot after 1 week after your interview. The interview will last around 40-45mins, and is purely based on your reasoning why the role, Allianz, and their core value, so the best is to base your examples and experiences around their values if possible. If you are again successful, you will be invited to for an Assessment Centre (AC). In my case, I got invited to the Horsley Management Centre were you have the option to stay for the night prior the AC, all paid by Allianz including your meals.

At the beginning of the AC, all candidates were than welcomed by a friendly team and explained the day and tasks ahead. The first task, the business case study was to analyse and review several papers of a case related to 1-2 departments within Allianz. The second tasks involved preparing a presentation based on again the same case study, however, in my case they added couple of more information and data to the existing materials. After both exercises were completed, we had than 1 hour + break and had lunch with the team of Allianz and existing Graduates.

The third exercise was a group tasks, it was again related to a business case of Allianz e.g. a call centre that experienced several issues internally, and our responsible was to find solutions, how to address these issues. Unfortunately, my team were too competitive in my opinion, hence it took us until the final minute to decide on our solution. The last task, was the final interview. This was again more related about your past experiences. Moreover, the Interviewer was very friendly and explained the role in detail and the potential opportunities within the Allianz.

Overall, even though I didn't get the role, the feedback was quite useful, as in the first two cases, my main mistake was that I put too much emphasis on a specific part of the case study, and didn't go into much detail e.g. it was too general.

I guess the only feedback I would give, it that for the IT stream, Allianz should think about having a different format for their IT graduate stream, as I believe the exercises were all more related to the other streams like Sales, Finance, Management etc. During the day, I couldn't really show any my technical capabilities, which I believed would have been more useful for Allianz as I applied for the IT stream.

Interview Questions

• Why this role?
      If you could change something today, what would you change?
      Which of the exercises today, did you found the most difficult, and why?   Answer Question

IT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allianz Insurance (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Process took about 10 weeks. It was a positive experience throughout.

First stage consists of online test, mainly situational questions.

Second stage was a phone interview. Questions based on Allianz core values.

Final stage was an assessment day in the training offices 15 minutes from Guildford. Started of with an introduction to the company. Then there was
    1. Business case study
    2. Presentation
    3. Group task
    4. Interview
    Assessment day was well structured, lunch provided and enough time to relax between tasks.

The interview was quite difficult as they delve into your work experiences.
    It was a positive experience and learnt a lot about the company and role. I received useful feedback from the assessors within a week.

Underwriting Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allianz Insurance (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

40 minute telephone interview with resourcing adviser. CV check and company knowledge finished with 4 competency questions based on high performance behaviours : customer and market excellence, trust, entrepreneurship and collaborative leadership.

Interview Questions

• First given an overview of the scheme I had applied to, introduction to the interviewer and what they do etc.
      Talked through aspects of my CV, asking about my previous roles, why I decided to do my university course etc. and what I wanted to do afterwards (a grad scheme obviously?! why else would I be talking to you?).
      Location preferences
      Why did I apply for this role in particular over another Allianz scheme?
      What do I know about Allianz and its products/services?
      What activities do I think this role will involve?
      What challenges do I think I will face in this role?
      What is the name of the qualification I would be taking (ACII) and can I talk about what it involves?
      A time I went above and beyond for a customer
      How I got around challenges of working with a team of different personalities
      What was a big challenge you set yourself and how did you achieve it?
      When have you lead a group of people and provided purpose and direction?

Each answer was probed with further questions on how/why you made that decision and I was always asked how I would make it better next time/what would I change if it were to happen again.

Not going to lie, I completely fell apart in this interview and it went really bad. Which was disappointing as I had spent so much time and energy preparing for it and have some really good experiences. I started off OK when talking about the company but just lost it half way through the competency questions and stumbled so not expecting to get through. Only had my interview today so don't know the outcome yet but not holding my breath. Lasted 40 minutes in total which was quite short compared to the 50 minutes he suggested so that's another reason I think it went bad.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.