Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Allstate

1,519 Interview Reviews

2.7

Machine Learning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Allstate in February 2020.

Interview

Started with a recorded phone screen. The phone screen was broken into two stages, questions about the company, then questions about ML. More than 3 months later, they reached out to set up a video conference. Within a half-hour of sending that request, they called back and emailed again to say there was a mistake with their "system" and that they would not be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between discriminative and generative machine learning   Answer Question

Data Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

1 - On Campus 45 minutes. Mix of both technical and behavioral. Easy questions, but had 3 questions to complete in approx 20 mins.
    Next Step- Onsite Interviews. One day 10am to 2pm.
    4 Interviews: Each 45 to 50 mins long
    1st Behavioral
    2nd Data Structure Coding, difficulty increases as we move forward
    3rd Lunch Interview: Team fit
    4th Data Science Case Study: More about the process of thinking and SQL

Interview Questions

• Start with leetcode easy and increase the difficulty of the same question to medium twice.
      SQL part was more like how well you know the concepts.   Answer Question

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, they sent me an interview request two days later. It was a phone interview with a hiring manager that lasted 15-20 minutes. It was fairly high level, I talked about my recent position and leadership experience. Asked why I applied to the position and company. Was told they would be in touch about the next interview which would be a one hour video interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient. I met the management team, and we openly talked about environment, work process and expected salary. Xavien Hood set clear expectations. They took the time to get to know me, and Xavien made sure I felt comfortable and not at all apprehensive about the process.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online Jan 31st and got a response within a week from a recruiter. They sent over a montage link for a phone interview that took all of 15 mins at most. My advice is to listen and RELAX! You can’t re-record your answers so take your time and make use of the repeat question prompt.
    My recruiter was also helpful keeping me updated through email, providing a helpful STAR info sheet to help prepare for my interview questions, and a map including directions to the site.
    I interviewed today at one of the University location and the atmosphere is amazing. Single one on one situation., so there was no two on one scenario thank jeebus. :) The interviewer was very friendly, professional, and made me feel welcomed from the time I showed up. She asked a total of 5 questions and about my experience from previous employment and gave me great insight on who Allstate is as a company. DONT BE AFRAID to ask questions! I was told I’d hear back from them by the middle of next week so my fingers are crossed. Today is Feb 7th 2020 and I’ll update this as I move along in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline and how did you manage it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me why we should hire you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to use active listening to figure out what the customer really needed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in January 2020.

Interview

Application process that passed through HR and then to specific site where interview takes place. After the specific site reached out to potential candidates and scheduled interview through specific site personnel.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter. Week later another phone interview is set up with the hiring manager and/or technical resources. Interview scheduled for 45 min but went over by ~30 min. Lots of awkward silent moments throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• Multiple (10?) non-technical behavioral questions. Some very strange and "progressive" subjects. Not sure what the expected answers were supposed to be but several of the questions were focused on "sensitive" topics such as diversity in the workplace, how to grade employee performance, etc.
      Very uncomfortable interview, not knowing which way to go with STAR questions (remain business focused or go left of center). Pretty sure that I am better versed in the subjects discussed than those who conducted the interview based upon their inability to answer even basic questions related to the STAR questions they were asking. Overall, not a good experience. Nothing like what I expected and no questions related to the technical nature of the posted position. One of those interviews where I'd really love to know what the correct answers were. Time: >1 hr.   1 Answer

Rotation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in January 2020.

Interview

This was for an entry level I had applied for. Interview was mostly behavioral. There was some technical concepts add into it. Overall, things went smoothly got the offer the next day.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and the process took about 2 weeks. HR required a quick phone screening prior to the in person interview with three attorneys in their Center City Philadelphia office.
    About halfway through the interview I knew I didn't get the job just from their facial expressions which did not say much considering the interview was supposed to take approximately an hour but lasted only 15 minutes.
    Out of the three men conducting the interview only one was primarily talking and the others asked unnecessary questions such as what sports did my high school offer which was irrelevant to the job and due to the fact that I graduated from college so I did not see the point of why my high school seemed important.
    They also asked me the extracurriculars I participated in college which were clearly written on my resume which led me to believe they did not even bother to read my resume or if they did not fully.
    Usually employers discuss the job in detail and exactly what you would be doing daily, but when I questioned what the job entailed besides what was in the job description they actually told me that it was all written in the job description and left it at that. They did not elaborate on the team chemistry within the litigation team or how workers feel working there everyday. In the short time that I was there I did not feel comfortable at all and knew less about the job than what was written in the job description.
    Overall I am actually glad they did not want me for this job because I would not have accepted it anyway due to their unprofessionalism.

PIP Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

First, its an automated phone interview where a recorder asks you certain questions and you have an allotted time to respond, then they invite you to the second round interview which you sit down with the head of the team. Here your interviewed and then later you're given a set of questions to answer that are based on the job itself kind of like problem-solving. After there is a quick phone call roleplay session and then you write why do you want to work for Allstate. Then they invite you to shadow PIP adjusters and see what their day to day is like and you finish off with a quick interview with the office manager.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.