Alpha FX Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Alpha FX

3.2

First Stage Internal Recruiter Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England (UK)) in November 2020.

Interview

Had a telephone interview for only 15 minutes. There was a lack of communication regarding the role and I had gone through a staffing agency for this. The interviewer told me on the call "this feels like a waste of time" - this was really unprofessional and shouldn't have been said. The interviewer didn't seem bothered or engaged in the conversation and when I asked her to tell me more about the role due to her assuming I didn't know what it is, she said she can't as we only have 15 minutes. She was unable to give me more information about the role and what I was told about it through the agency she disagreed with me on but wasn't willing to explain it in more detail as I was interested.

Interview Questions

• Where do you rank with billings against other consultants in your business?
      Why are you interested in the role?   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

I was interviewed once on the phone and once over zoom for the position. The interviews themselves were fine, but the interviewer was slow to respond about progress and unreliable.

Interview Questions

• Why recruitment?
      Why Alpha?
      What is the hardest part of the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very bizarre.

I had a phone screen with one of their internal recruiters who had approached me on LinkedIn, where she effectively pitched me the role for about 45 minutes. Very little 'screening' of me done on the call.

We then set up a second stage, which again was with the same recruitment person. She didn't show up to the first one, and only replied to my email to reschedule several days later.

I should have ended the process there, because the next 'interview' was disorganised, and this woman who had practically been begging me to proceed earlier on was now almost treating me with disdain. I was asked whether I would vote for Biden or Trump (borderline illegal btw), and when I said Biden I was asked to provide reasons why voting for Trump would be a good thing. When I gave my answer, I was met with the response 'I dunno, he just gets things done, doesn't he?'

A complete waste of my time and ultimately a degrading experience.

Interview Questions

• Would you vote for Joe Biden or Donald Trump in the upcoming election?

Why would you vote for Donald Trump?   Answer Question

Alpha FX Response

30 Sep 2020 – Alpha FX

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview with us. First and foremost, we are sorry that you had a negative experience. Having discussed your comments internally, we understand and accept that there were some failings in our communication, and would like to apologise for this. We have only recently created our internal recruitment function and the period in which you were interviewing was particularly busy. Unfortunately this led to some delays in following up with people like yourself. This however is not a standard we would set for ourselves and we’re already putting steps in place to ensure more timely follow ups are provided in the future. Regarding the question on “Who would you vote for” – this is asked solely with the intention of then asking you to make a case for the opposite candidate you picked. We find this is a great way of gauging whether candidates can consider multiple perspectives and overcome personal bias. We choose political candidates specifically as having an understanding of the political and economic landscape is important with this role: your own political allegiance in this respect would never influence our decision making. Ultimately, we don’t profess to be the finished article when it comes to interviews, however we’d always strive to provide a positive experience, regardless of the outcome. We do however accept this wasn’t the case on this occasion and will use your feedback to improve moving forward. Thanks again for taking the time to leave it and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

Initial interview with internal recruiter. General questions about yourself trying to find out if you would be good fit for the company. Next stage you move onto who would be your head of desk. A lot more detailed questions within the second part of the interview. Interviewer does not give much away to your responses.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years time?   1 Answer

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

The internal recruitment team approached me on LinkedIn, and in total, there were 4 stages over a period of two weeks.
    The first two stages were with the recruiter and were held over the phone and them on Microsoft Teams.
    Once I had made it through these first two rounds, I was interviewed by a Senior Partner.
    Finally, I was invited to the office to meet with another Senior Partner. I also met with the Co-Founder. The final interview took around two-hours.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England (UK)) in September 2020.

Interview

Single-stage full assessment day, which gave me a good opportunity to get to know the company and its culture. Really relaxed, fun and positive atmosphere, which meant I felt I could completely be myself.

Interview Questions

• What situation have you been in where you had to make a sacrifice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England (UK)) in August 2020.

Interview

Very tiresome, quiet condescending and I believe reflects quite badly on the company.

Firstly, I spoke with a recruitment agency based in the Netherlands who were excellent and very friendly. Really instilled confidence and portrayed the company well. However, once I spoke to someone at Alpha FX it changed. The interview was very boring and the lady seemed from the start as if she would have rather been doing anything else. The questions were meant to seem challenging but were clearly just pulled from thin air. She never replied to me again although I sent two emails. The external agency kept in touch and tried to get me to chase up more for another interview. By that point, the thought of working for the company and speaking to them again was enough to make me run a mile.

Interview Questions

• Where do you like to go on holiday? Sell me the place.   Answer Question
    • Think of something complicated and explain it to me like I'm a five year old child.   Answer Question

Alpha FX Response

1 Oct 2020 – Alpha FX

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview and we're sorry you had a negative experience. Having discussed your comments internally, we understand and accept that there have been some failings in our communication, and would like to apologise for this. We have only recently created our internal recruitment function and the period in which you were interviewing was particularly busy. Unfortunately this led to some lapses in correspondence with a few people, including yourself. This however is not a standard we would set for ourselves and we’re already putting steps in place to ensure more timely follow ups are provided in the future. Ultimately, we don’t profess to be the finished article when it comes to interviews, however we are always looking to improve and aim to provide a positive experience, regardless of the outcome. We're sorry this wasn't the case on this occasion, and will be using your feedback to ensure we improve on this moving forward. Thanks again and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England (UK)) in July 2020.

Interview

The process itself was easy and surprisingly fast. I had an interview with both the Head of Credit Risk and a Senior Analyst, however the interview itself was very dry with both interviewers looking not very interested during the process even though I was told I was the first candidate to be interviewed. I was asked a couple of technical questions however they were easy.

Interview Questions

• What was your research when you informed yourself about our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England (UK)) in July 2020.

Interview

At the beginning, I spoke with an associate from a recruitment company, asked few questions about my experience, told me that he would get back to me and at the end, I’ve heard back from another associate from another company. I’ve had to prerecord a motivational letter, send it to them and I’ve heard the next day that I did not get the job because of my experience

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alpha FX.

Interview

Call with Headhunter, Call with hiring manager, In person interview with hiring manager, Call with Founder.

Alpha was very transparent in regards to what the Job entailed, what they were expecting from me, and what working at alpha was like.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.