Alpha FX Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 47 of over 47 interviews

Recruitment Agency14%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England, England)

Interview

A bizarre experience to say the least. Cold outreached via LinkedIn, expressed interest in at least seeing what they had to offer. Passed 2 rounds and then proceeded to the final in-person interview at the company's offices. I knew going into this meeting that they were looking for a 'character' rather than legitimate experience, however I did not expect the interview to play out quite the way it did. Interviewer was unengaged, at times confrontational, and dismissive. Asked lazy questions of no real value - and mildly insulted all answers given, citing something to the effect of "not really feeling it". Was told any prior sales experience is irrelevant as most of their hires come from non-sales backgrounds (slight red flag from my perspective) Whole experience felt like a bit of a power trip from somebody not really equipped to conduct interviews in a constructive manner, and at best gave an insight into what I would imagine to be quite a toxic working culture.

Interview Questions
  • No real questions asked other than "what brings you here"
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England, England) in Jul 2021

Interview

First initially contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn, phone interview conducted, second phone interview immediately planned with Job Description and Culture documents sent for further information. Day for the second interview comes, no contact, I wait 30mins, send and email to provide reschedule options, interviewer fails to honour booking. I call in to inquire, representative/assistant assures that my message has been left for said recruiter. I call in next week for an update, (no email response either) and the representative/assistant claims that the recruiter has not been seen for A WEEK. (No updates as of this review) Whether some emergency has befallen said recruiter, maybe leaving randomly for a week is a company perk, or is merely hiding under a desk, setting up interviews and not honouring them is wholly unprofessional and ironically more "beta" than Alpha. If simple communications are this hard to come by, its not exactly inspiring confidence for more advanced communications with employees and clients as such.

Interview Questions
  • Professional history , personal skills and congruence with job description.

Alpha FX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alpha FX in Jul 2021

Interview

Telephone interview due to COVID. Initial 30-40 minute interview with the Head of Marketing & Brand. We discussed my experience, the role and Alpha FX as a company. Second interview with Group MD. This was more of a cultural interview, discussing life at Alpha and what is required in order to succeed. This was to make sure that you are the right type of person, as they are very honest that the company isn't for everyone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process was relatively short, consisting solely of an application followed by an assessment center. The assessment center was in their offices, everyone was friendly and it was a nice day.

Interview Questions
  • Multiple icebreaker presentations at the start of the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Approached by a recruiter for a graduate scheme starting in October. After an initial screening interview, I was invited to an assessment day, and told 5/10 interviewees would be offered a job. It turns out there were 30+ being assessed for about 6 places, across two separate assessment days. I was disappointed about the misinformation. The assessment day itself was ok but again, I had been given false information by the recruiter. For example, I was told there would be no tech test - they were simply looking for smart, fast-learning grads. The assessment day began with breakfast, followed by a talk from Alpha about the company and the tech team. There was a big focus on the financial rewards of working there, and little about the company culture. We then had some group exercises to get to know one another, including 'draw a picture of your life' and 'teach us something in 1 minute'. After this, I had two individual interviews. The culture interview was pretty standard with questions about your experiences and the Alpha values. The technical interview was a whiteboarding exercise with 3 algorithmic challenges to solve. After lunch, we then had two group exercises to test our team and business skills. We had to pitch a company in a team of 3 and decide whether they were worth investing in. In the second exercise, we had to inspect one of Alpha's products and describe a new feature we would like to add. The day was rounded off with an 'informal' drinks, which felt like an extension of the interview process. The company culture was very masculine, judgemental and as one of only 3 women I felt very out of place. Everyone was outwardly friendly, but there was a competitive atmosphere I think reflects the company culture, which is about being 'alpha', ruthless and radically candid. We were told we would hear the outcome within a few days, but I had to wait 2 weeks before I was told I was not successful. We had also been told we'd recieve extensive feedback as compensation for such a long, taxing day of interviews. Instead, I had to send 3 pushy emails asking for feedback, which disappointed me further. Unsurprisingly, I was told I didn't get the job because I did not fit with the company culture, especially the 'radical candour'. As someone who values teamwork and compassion, I am glad we both understood I would not have been a good fit at Alpha!! The recruiters (Digital Grads) were kind and friendly, but I was disappointed by the misinformation and lack of communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Teach us something in 1 minute. Draw your life in 5 minutes and present it. Questions about Alpha's values (Act as One, Be Humble, Seek Reality, Make Moves, Expect More)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

I had an interview with a recruiter, then I had an interview with the credit risk team via zoom and finally, I had to go to London for a final in-person interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you see the values of the company in your daily life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paddington, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (Paddington, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

Full day assessment day consisting of icebreakers, business and technical presentations (morning) followed by cultural and technical interviews in the afternoon. I found it very tiring personally. I think the overriding factor on if you'll get an offer is whether they deem you a "cultural fit" - something the company values a lot and they seem to go out of their way to find talent from various schools and bootcamps to assess you thoroughly on this day.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were working in a team and had to shift your priorities at the last minute for an upcoming deadline in response to sudden changes.

Alpha FX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX

Interview

Honestly don’t waste your time with this company... Went through multiple interview stages, everyone I spoke to seemed nice, the interviews were relatively easy. I was told I would hear back once they had spoken...I wait for weeks and get completely ghosted. There are so many other companies that are capable of providing some line of communication through the recruitment process. Ended up withdrawing my application.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Alpha FX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Alpha FX

Interview

Completed a series on telephone interviews then proceeded to a face-to-face meeting in their offices. Committed a great deal of time to the process and was ghosted. The response to my follow-up was that I was still in contention for the role, then I heard nothing for for weeks. Withdrew my application.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Alpha FX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Alpha FX

Interview

Contacted via linkedin saying I was perfect for the Portfolio Manager role they were looking for. Arranged a call 2 days after and after 5 mins the interviewer says " I don't think you will fit the role" At this point only asked about my personal life and he said that they were a very busy department and if I was ok with 100 calls a day, I said yes and even gave examples of times where I clearly accepted more work. It was disappointing that they set the expectations high right in the beginning and then only consider me for 5 mins

Interview Questions
  • Would you be okay with 100 calls a day?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Interviews