Amadeus Interview Questions in Heathrow, England | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Amadeus

2.9

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through social media ad.

Initially a telephone interview to ask about motivation and HR style questions. Then I was given a Java test. Very difficult as it was a quick fire questions on reading + coding in less than a minute.
    After that they called to give a short telephone screening to brief on the assessment day.
    The assessment day is a whole day event which contains interviews, group exercise and your around the office. They also catered to my dietary requirements. Overall it was a friendly atmosphere.

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)).

Interview

The hiring is done through a collective selection/interview. People are very friendly and try to make the situation agreeable and very positive for the candidate. No trap, honest questions and expecting honest answers. The company has excellent cultural values and that is reflected also during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• negotiation skills, risk management, organisation, long term plan/view   Answer Question

Senior C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied through an advert on StackOverflow.

My first contact was with a recruiter at Talent Works who reached out right away, and was very friendly and professional. I was asked to complete an online skill assessment using codingame.com. Although I passed, when I was given a chance to review my answers I noticed that a number of answers that are in fact correct were automatically marked wrong by the system, and I brought this to the attention of the recruiter, who promised to investigate.

I was also asked to complete a personality assessment.

Following that in the next week was a telephone interview with a member of a team, and I was subsequently invited to an on-site at Heathrow shortly after. The interview was straightforward and to the point, and I didn't feel there was any unnecessary beurocracy or needlessly awkward questions.

Everyone was highly professional and friendly throughout, and I was also offered reimbursement for my travel expenses.

I received a formal offer very shortly after the face to face interview, but I chose to turn it down because of a significantly higher competing offer that came later. Amadeus were kind enough to wait for me to decide which offer I wanted to accept.

Overall, a very positive experience and it seems like a great place to work - the only issue is the overall salary is was around 75% of what I'd expect for such a position in London. If the offered salary was in line with the industry average for London, I would have accepted without hesitation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

I recently went through the selection process at Amadeus Heathrow and found it to be prompt and straightforward yet challenging. Less than 2 weeks after the initial telephone interview with the line manager an offer was fortunately made. The HR team were extremely supportive throughout, making sure I was prepared and aware of any arrangements which reduced any unnecessary stress. The Manager's and Director were pleasant and showed a genuine interest in my background and previous experience but also made sure the interview got the best out of me.

I valued the fact that the company took the time to find someone with not just experience but also look for talent and the right managerial characteristics.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I met the representatives on Amadeus on the Silicon Milkroundabaout Careers Fair, and had a brief chat on my interests and the opportunities present in the firm. The representatives were friendly and very smart, and I dropped off my CV with them.

2 days later, the recruiter contacted me and I applied for their software engineer role on their application portal. After which, I had to complete several online tests - 1 numerical test, 1 verbal test, 1 personality test and 1 coding test.

In 2 weeks, an Assessment Centre was arranged for me. The Assessment Centre involves a group exercise (discussing how to build an app and presenting to their engineering team) and a 1st round interview with a senior manager and HR manager.

Within 2 days, a final round interview was scheduled for me with their Director. I received an offer letter within the week.

Interview Questions

• Hardest project, most difficult challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Questions on the Language of your choice. I chose Java and they asked about OOP, Polymorphism etc.   Answer Question
    • Experience working in a team.   Answer Question
    • Experience in software testing.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)).

Interview

The process involves first filling out an application form. These are pretty standard questions, Why you want to work at Amadeus etc. The second stage involves an online timed examination based on a language of your choice, between Java and C++. The test consist of 25 questions which was a mixture of multiple choice and empty form boxes to be filled in. For some reason the Java exam I did emphasises a lot on the specifics of Swing and AWT and the design patterns used in them. A ridiculous topic to examine graduates on.

The next stage is the assessment centre, you will have an exam with a mock programming language which tests your ability to create simple methods which use assignment statements and loops of all sorts. There is also a technical interview which is a run down of what you have listed on your CV and a competency based interview.

Overall I thought the process was fairly straight forward.

Here is what I picked up:

- The atmosphere was very black and white, as a graduate there are no appealing elements that would attract you to this position unless you have a real interest in Departure Control Systems. They also employ the Waterfall method and do not use agile, I personally favour working in an agile environment.

- The existing graduates working at Amadeus didn't seem too enthusiastic in there Job either.

- A very multicultural environment, prepare to encounter accents of varying degrees. Its not your fault if you find some people difficult to understand, especially if they are the ones interviewing you.

- Terrible HR don't expect them to let you know if you failed. Because to them you are not worth it. I chased them up for constructive feedback, this was not provided either. If their Job is to oversee the recruitment process, why aren't they doing there job by letting me know? They wont reply to your emails either. Sounds like they have a great job, getting paid not do there job.

- Interviews are fairly intimidating.

Im going to list all questions I can remember, not necessarily difficult, i figured it would help some of you out ->

Interview Questions

• Here at Amadeus we encourage a multicultural environment, could you give me an example of when you have worked in a multicultural environment? How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What role in a team do naturally gravitate towards?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Amadeus?   1 Answer
    • Have you applied for any other Graduate positions?   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online. After several weeks, I was asked to finish an online C++ or Java test. After that, I was invited to the company at the airport to attend the AC. Another technical test was asked to finish but it was not difficult. After the test, I got a HR interview and a technical interview from one of their manager.

Interview Questions

• You need to be familiar with Java swing and gui to pass the java test   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.