Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Round 1: (technical SQL 45 minutes)
Round 2: Phone screen: Behavioral based on Amazon’s LP (35 minutes 1 interview, follow STAR technique and restrict answers under 3 minutes)
Round 3: Exhaustive one (6 interviews, 45 minutes each with 15 minutes break after each round, follow STAR technique and restrict answers under 3 minutes)

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Phone screen: Live code: Asked about basic SQL questions, nothing behavioral (45 minutes, they guide you and keep explaining while writing queries)
    1. Basic SQL questions, 2. Queries: basic related to Date, groupby , join

Round 3:

1 technical SQL interview: advanced SQL queries using CASE, sub queries, Joins, complex queries, a short case study, no behavioral

4 interviews based on Amazon's LP (easy and straight forward)

1 general interaction round with team member   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Got referred by employee and recruiter set up my interview , first round was SQL. Maybe I dint have enough experience so I felt it a bit tough and they asked questions on my resume and projects

Interview Questions

• Find the time diff give employees Id and timestamps.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was interviewed for the Business Analyst Summer Intern position for Herndon, VA AWS office and I managed to answer all the questions neatly as I was well prepared about business oriented questions, Amazon leadership principles and everything mentioned on my resume. It lasted for an hour and towards the end of a call the manager said that It would be great to have in their team and asked questions about how I will commute to work etc. I told her I can relocate. Then she said that I will hear back from the recruiter within 3 business days. I was happy and I was hoping for a good news as It went very smoothly. But after 5 business days I didn't receive any email or call. Then I sent an email asking for a feedback but recruiter never replied on time saying she has been busy with work and bla bla stuff. My job application status was under consideration so I kept sending mails for getting a feedback. Finally after sending around 5-6 emails, I received an email on 16th day saying the already hired somebody else. I am very much disappointed with the way they handled this process and wasted so much of my time. I have heard that Amazon never values their employees from their other employees but now I have actually experienced it by my own. Keeping candidates waiting is the worst thing and major flaw in a recruitment process. I hope the recruitment team reads this feedback and improve their standard. I am aware that handling too many applications is not easy but since they have huge recruitment team, they should know how to handle this. Extremely disappointing. They don't value the applicants at all. Fortune 500 rankings could be misleading sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Amazons leadership principles in terms of my experience, strengths, challenges faced, academic project questions, some other tech questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

2 phone screens and the final 5hr back to back video calls with 5 interviewers.
    1st phone screen was a live code link
    2nd phone screen was a 45min behavioural interview with another l6 BA.
    Still waiting on the final round.

Interview Questions

• Have completed 2 phone screens.
      1st phone screen was a live code interview with a L6 BA at amazon.
      They provided 2 tables with the column names
      2 basic sql qs on finding sales revenue for the entire year and the quantity sold by sql coding.
      3rd sql qs was a little more challenging.
      They also asked me a qs on linear regression and p-value testing.
      The case was on whether the calls recd by the amazon employees depended upon the variable tenure of employment.
      Overall not too difficult though if the concepts are clear.

2nd phone screen was a 45min behavioural interview with another l6 BA.

Still waiting on the final round.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

There was 1 phone screen interview along with 5 rounds of behavior interviews. In addition, there are 2 rounds where I need to prove my technical skills. Due to COVID-19, the behavior and technical interviews were done online via video call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the time when your supervisor or coworker disagree with your idea.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached over LinkedIn and interview set up in a week. It was 45 min SQL white-boarding and few min on what I do in current role and what they are expecting. I did poorly, mainly due to my lack of SQL knowledge. But interviewer was good and polite. I knew I blew it though the interviewer mentioned I did good at the end.

Interview Questions

• 1) list latest login detail of all employees   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Contacted by HR rep, two phone screens. Each phone screen was directly with a team manager at AWS. Waited two days between each phone screen, and was notified through the portal that I was not selected for the internship.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with large amounts of data?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2020.

Interview

phone interview with hiring manager. The interviewer is really nice. I am expecting sql test since I was asked to open code share. But instead it is only some resume questions and a case study.

Interview Questions

• case study about call center. How to measure if a training that aim to improve calls pick up time working or not.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

first . . . . . ...30 min was SQL based and second half ... . . . .. . . was behavior questions based on 14 principles and star network

Interview Questions

• everything was situation when questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

First phone call with hiring manager, basic Amazon LP questions and basic SQL questions. Next round was a direct on-site loop invitation after 2+ months of the first round, so it was a little unexpected. There were some internal team changes that caused the delay and also change in coordinating recruiter. Since I had interviewed with Amazon before, I was prepared for the loop. 4 team related interviewers and 1 bar-raiser, 95% based on Amazon LPs and situations based questions. Final round was a technical round with some basic Excel functional skills. Overall, easy interview process if you are aware with the Amazon interview style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time type questions. Read about the 14 Amazon Leadership Principles (LPs)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.