Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 Jun 2019

3.1

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Temp for 4 months. Did a information interview with the hiring manager. After thant was a interview loop with 6 people. 2 day after the interview hr called back.

Interview Questions

• There things you do like about Amazon   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Someone called me from the HR department and organized a phone interview for 2 days later. The phone interview took 75 minutes, after half an hour the interviewer told me that he liked my answers and I can ask any question that may help me in the second round. Second interview didn't seem as good as first one, but one day later they called me and asked to go to Seattle for the on-site interview. I love the company, no matter what happens in the next step.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about writing SQL queries   2 Answers
    • Why Amazon, why this position?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Everything other candidates say about the overall interview process is true.

In my case the phone interviews (3 rounds) went pretty well. Amazon does like digging deeper into questions. Focus was more on what you have done challenging in the past and how your recommendations were used in terms of tactics. They like taking detailed notes on laptop or atleast give the perception!

In person interviews are very different from what I have encountered with other companies. It is chaotic to say the least. Looks like interviewers are put on schedule last minute. I could not even find out who I was reporting to! Some of the interviewers looked very distracted and disinterested in the whole process.I would say some of the interviewers are snooty. No role clarity.

Interview Questions

• Business case question on finding profitability of a given product   1 Answer
    • What do you think you would have done different on a certain project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

a couple case/scenario questions to test your actual experience, which was really good.
    i think it will either push you to the front of the pack, or left behind. but its a good set of practical questions.

they don't really mention much about the work culture, but it sounds pretty relaxed and they are flexible.

i went through 2 phone interviews, first a director, then my supervisor/mgr that im reporting to.
    communication and interview process was really quick, they move right along the process and sift through the interviewees within a short time frame. but it shows that they are aggressively looking for people to fill up the openings, but it also concerns me that there might be churning going on at the division.

but for the younger folks, i think this would be good since they will keep giving you new projects to work on.

Interview Questions

• what are ways to eliminate bottle necks   3 Answers

Negotiation

thru a recruiter, so not much there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed for a business analyst position in Seattle. I was very disappointed by the interviewers and the overall process. From the first two interviews, I sensed that the interviews had very big egos, but gave it a chance by going to the in-person interviews. There, I was met with more egotistical people who unfortunately were condescending at times and made it seem as if anyone working for Amazon.com was a genius and that person should count their blessings that Amazon.com thought they were "good enough." I still love the company, but was very, very disappointed by the quality of the people that worked there. Also, when they finally told me no, the recruiter basically was laughing at me since no one else had called me yet and that he was the first one - very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an interviewer that you had that you that you feel would not want you to get the job.   1 Answer
    • Why amazon.com?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting manager at Amazon who set up the phone interview time and told me who I would be speaking with.

I spoke with the head developer in the group I was applying for. He was very easy to talk to and positive.
    As this was a technical position there were questions about how to write SQL code. He wanted the exact code to write down, not just an general explanation of what you would do in the proposed situation. He let me take my time and was very encouraging, which was nice. It was a very pleasant phone interview.

Interview Questions

• If you have two SQL database tables that are not joined together, how would you create another table to join them.   5 Answers
    • Write an inner join between two tables.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

They are very responsive to online applications. I didn't expect a huge company like this to call me back pretty soon after my application. And the system is good, the HR could pull out the schedule of the interviewer directly without asking around and schedule the time for the interview. However the interviewer didn't seem to care about what I was saying, distracted all the time. Questions asked were like a format that applies to everyone, not specifically for the position. And he was a bit rude.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is different when you have huge data set?   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Amazon in December 2012.

Interview

phone screen from HR and 1 interview from development.

I graduated with a master degree from top 2 CS university as a software engineer then worked for a big name company holding a senior analyst position. However HR matched me with a entry-level business analyst opening. No details about the job was given.

Later Interviewer asked a bunch of questions assuming their business and product was what everybody should be familiar with. Felt like we were from different universes during the interview...

But I am glad that I don't have to demote myself for a position with probably less compensation to write "select from" for years trying to prove the development team does something meaningful.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

This was my 3rd interview for a position in amazon within 6 months. Really long process, so did a total of about 14 interviews with Amazon. The questions were behavioral with lot SQL questions asked which were very straight forward. Anyone with basic SQL knowledge can answer them. For the role I was offered, I had 2 rounds of phone interview and 6 rounds of interview on-site. Most of the questions were about my background and resume.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed for a business analyst position. The interviewer saw that I had a computer science background and asked me couple of coding questions. Both were simple codes to write   2 Answers

Negotiation

No, I was not able to negotiate and Amazon does pay low for this role. But I really hated by current job so figured atleast try a change.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through school posting - first round was an OA, followed with an in person interview in Seattle at Amazon HQ. Straightforward process, went from application to final interview within a month. Friendly staff, they stay out of sight and out of mind for most of the process. Quick turnaround on offer status following final interview round.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.