Amber Road Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Amber Road Interview Questions

Interviews at Amber Road

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amber Road.

Interview

I had a phone call with the recruiter, then an in-person interview with the team and the manager where I had to present a case study on a project I completed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult clients?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amber Road.

Interview

You speak to the recruiter first, then have an interview with the team where you will be required to present on a project. The presentation will be in front of a group of managers and piers. It's important to give details during the presentation about one specific project you worked on and how it was a success.

Software Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amber Road (Raleigh, NC (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

It began as an HR call to a 1:1 manager call, and finished with a 4 hour group,1:1,group, group interview cycle. Many questions were geared towards "tell us what you know about our company" and figuring out my technical aptitude.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Amber Road, historically as a company and what we do.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amber Road (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

Detailed work ex based interview over multiple levels - 6 rounds

Interview Questions

• Mostly based on past work experience, domain understanding as its a very niche domain with lots of intricacies and fine details. Most questions pertain to real life experiences of Agile, team work and innovation   1 Answer

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amber Road (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Had a HR phone screen, then a phone call with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview. The in-person interview was several rounds of 1-2 people, followed by a really easy SQL test. In some of the rounds the interviewers were just reading questions from scripts on their laptops & making very little eye-contact. There was no diversity between the interviewers. Felt like they asked me to come in just so their staff could get training on how to interview & fulfill EEO diversity requirements. Definitely picked up a "good ol' boy" club & cronyism vibe. Negative experience.

Interview Questions

• The common "tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when..." questions   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amber Road (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews- first with the direct manager, then with vp of marketing , finally with vp sales. I had a phone interview where they asked my about my past work experience and what I liked about the role. Then they described the role to me.

Support Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amber Road.

Interview

Right from the start, the support manager was friendly and open concerning the expectations of all employees. With each employee I interviewed with I found them to be very supportive of each other.

Interview Questions

• Had you ever performed upgrades/hotfixes on a system? What difficulties did you encounter during the process?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amber Road (Tysons, VA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process is fairly typical. First you are put through a phone screening followed by an in-person. This in-person interview will consist of your immediate boss, and a fellow technical consultant who will ask very general and EASY questions regarding experience and technical knowledge. The most important thing to keep in mind when interviewing for this position is what they are looking for. What you may think you lack in technical skill will be out-weighed in client facing abilities, and therefore being personable is a key for the process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy and straight forward process. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wiggle room for initial offer was ~10% increase

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amber Road.

Interview

3 technical interview and 1 hour round.
    1. First Round is on fundamental on java and Database
    2. Second Round by Project Manager on Project and Question on real challenge on product development.
    3. Director round , question on problem solving on system design

Interview Questions

• 1. Question on core java
      2. Database
      3. Algorithm and problem solving
      4. System Design   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amber Road (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Got call from consultancy. Resume got shortlisted and there was a scheduled face to face interview in Amber Road office. 1 Technical round. Questions were very basic and with deep understanding.

Interview Questions

• Threads
      Hashmap internal work
      Concurrent hashmap vs hash map
      Encapsulation
      Merge 2 strings char by char   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.