Amec Foster Wheeler Senior/Principal Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Amec Foster Wheeler Senior/Principal Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Amec Foster Wheeler

1 Interview Review

Senior/Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR 1 day after my application which was surprisingly fast. Although it's not unusual, I was taken aback by asking about my current salary as their second question - which I deferred by asking whether the salary range I was looking for was acceptable which they confirmed a few days later.
After agreeing on the interview date/time, I met with a principal consultant and the head of department. The interview was rather informal than the usual script-based nonsense even though I was asked to create a presentation, so I thought we connected quite well professionally and otherwise while talking about projects I worked on and the various challenges my past and current job presented as well as their experience on the same. Although I felt that both parties would benefit from a collaboration if things were progressed, these have vanished later on.
Before we finished the interview I was left with the head of dept to discuss the "formalities": notice period at my current place, etc. Although he admitted that he confirmed to HR that the range I asked about was within their budget, he was quite hang up on the subject to try and get my current salary and benefit details. My contract prevents me to disclose any of that and asked again whether there was any problem with the range I gave them. He was trying to come up with an idea of added benefits, company car and other packages that are not part of the base salary. However he tried to convince me after this that my range was 'workable', I left with a bitter taste in my mouth...
They said they will get back to me in 2 weeks with an answer. Unfortunately it did not happen, so I followed it up with an email to HR asking for an update. The answer was that my application is still with the hiring manager and they requested an update from him. Another 2 weeks passed by without any communication, so I decided to to withdraw my application.

Not sure if this whole experience had anything to do with the uncertainty of Brexit, the recently announced "merger" with Wood Group or them just holding out for someone cheaper, but I feel that any decent company in desperate need of talented people simply can't afford to act like this. It seems there are still a lot of companies out there who simply think of their employees as a record on the payroll. Well, good luck to them to acquire and retain talents!

Interview Questions

• Current salary and benefit details.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.