American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Interviews at American Cancer Society

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Typical 3 step process. All of them through the phone. They asked three strengths and weaknesses. Asked what I wanted to do in the future. No drug screening nor other assessments.

Interview Questions

• Why American cancer society? What do you know about Marketing?   1 Answer

Interview

Lengthy process meeting multilevel people within and over territory. Most were phone and virtual interviews. I was often asked how I would bring volunteers and donations to my territory to meet and exceed yearly goals.

Interview Questions

• I had to present a presentation of my knowledge of ACS   1 Answer

Cancer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview was via Skype and I had some connection issues but overall pretty easy interview questions. They asked me about 7 behavioral questions and went over my background. After that I got a second phone interview that asked me additional questions. Mainly about my call center experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online in December 2019 and received an email from a recruiter in early Jan. 2020 to schedule a phone screening. During the phone screening, we took a walk through my resume and I was told more about the position would entail. From there, she passed my information on to the hiring manager for the ACS location the position would be housed at.

A few days after the phone screening, the hiring manager contacted me for an in-person interview for the next day. I came in and interviewed with my potential manger and their boss as well. The interview was another walk through my resume and questions related to the STAR method. Overall, the interview took about an hour.

Another week later, I was called in for the 2nd and final round of interview, where I met with the top boss of the ACS location for where the position will be housed at. Very informal and more relaxed than the first in-person interview and phone screening. From then a few days later, I received a call that ACS location would like to offer me the position!

Interview Questions

Interview

There is only one quick phone interview, and then you get the offer through email. There is only one stop to get the offer. There is no other process for the interview. What you need to do is just a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and why you want to work here.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

I was contacted by a wonderful recruiter (Stanley) who was extremely courteous as well as thorough and professional. After our in-depth discussion, he shared professional growth development opportunities with me as well as a review of the benefits package.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience leading workplace wellness initiatives.   Answer Question

Community Support Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email to come in for an on-site interview. No phone screening. Firstly, the positive: all the women I met were polite and friendly, and it seemed like a good, cheerful office environment. They gave a nice little overview of what the position would entail and what the work would be like.

There were three people total in my interview, with one of them listening in via conference call. They had a packet of questions, which they all wanted to be answered via STAR format. I found that part stressful, as I felt like I was being tested. I didn't feel it was an accurate representation of my abilities as they seemed to want some kind of big accomplishment for the "R" section of the STAR method but sometimes the only "R" is that the job was finished, and I could see one of the women writing a big slash through the blank "R" section on the papers they were writing on. They did not let me ask any questions at the end, and rushed me out so they could get to the next candidate. It seemed to be poor organization on their part to only pencil in 30 minutes per interview AND have them be back to back. Overall, a mostly neutral experience that unfortunately turned negative at the end as I did not feel respected for my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when ___ , or What would you do if ____ happened?   Answer Question

Coordinator, Community Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, and one face to face interview. The first interview was with the recruiter, questions will include, your eligibility to work in the US, the salary expectation, and more questions such as "why you want to work for ACS", and "examples of the above and beyond that you worked on". About 2 weeks later, you will received the call for the second phone interview with the supervisor, and the regional manager. The questions are situational in depth ones. Finally, it's the in person interview with the supervisor and one of the event managers that this role will support. The questions are similar but slight more difficult. The key to answer them honestly.

Health Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

After submitting my online application, I was contacted very soon for a phone interview with a recruiter out of the corporate office. the person was not in the location for which I applied

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with cultural differences.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a first interview a few days after. The interviewer was very nice. The interview took only 30 minutes. I was told I would be contacted for another interview if I seemed like a good fit.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.