Analog Devices Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Analog Devices Interview Questions

Interviews at Analog Devices

3.1

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Norwood, MA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

You will meet with a team of four people - an illustrator, a supervising editor, and two current editors. It's about an hour long interview including a brief 1-page editing test that you should spend 10-20 minutes on. Most likely, each person will give you an overview of the position and of their role, and they will stress that it is an editing job, and that the material is very dry and you have to adhere to specific standards. If you have any sort of writing background, they'll want you to know it's an editing position and not a writing one. And they will ask you some basic questions about your experience, challenges you overcame, specific parts of your resume that are relevant, confusing or particularly useful.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to transition out of the position(s) you're in?   Answer Question
    • What are three words to describe you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you faced a challenge, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my starting pay.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Worcester, MA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

They are very technical with their questions, even in the first stage of interviews they only care about the technical side of you.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer that I had was not on my same field and she couldnt really ask me any questions on my field.   Answer Question

Test Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview

A preliminary on-campus interview consisted of a few personal experience questions, followed by some technical questions. This lead to an on-site interview with my potential manager, in which more technical questions were asked. In all cases, thinking out loud was more important than getting the question right, as the interviewers were more interested in your thought process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you've worked on recently.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

On-campus interview.

Purely technical interview for 45 minutes - interviewer was not interested in prior work and did not know anything about the department (RF analog electronics) which I was interested in or the related field.

Questions asked:
    Derive output and gain of simple amplifier (preferably without drawing small-signal model)
    Draw Bode-plots for RLC filter
    and more in the category of basic analog electronics

Did fairly well at the interview and received the interviewer's business card but never heard from them again - no rejection, no nothing. Tried calling, emailing, calling HR, and absolutely no response. Got an automated email that they'll be back in office in 6 months. Weird.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, but know your stuff - rehearse the fundamental amplifier theory, circuit theory, filter theory and so on - everything pertaining to basic analog electronics. Be convincing, because the interviewer might try to get you to doubt your own answers even when they're correct.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Wilmington, MA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview call. The first round was about basics of my project implementations. The 1:1 was difficult and quite unexpected as I did not expect DSP related questions. Learnt a lot from this interview process. The questions as such were not difficult, but the position did not specify on DSP requirements so it threw me off guard.

Overall, it was a positive experience as the interviewers were friendly and discussed the solutions which I provided and gave their feedback on why it would work/not work.

Interview Questions

• One thing I remember to have struggled with is implementation of sin function at hardware level. It took quite a lot of thinking to come up with an optimal soultion, and even that was partially correct.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Worcester, MA (US)).

Interview

I had this interview at CDC in campus, it's a pre-select interview, about 20 minutes. I talked to an engineer who is working on amplifier. He asked some technical questions about amplifier and the principal, BJT or CMOS.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what do you know about amplifier?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Analog Devices in May 2014.

Interview

Written test was very hard. They had made me wait for a very long time after which they finally did not give me the offer. They did not call back either.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

It was a one day interview with 5 people including the hiring manager. The interview went on smoothly with many behavioral questions and several technical questions.

The personality of the hiring manager was not very good. The office was pretty new with nice cafeteria and very bright.

Not sure whether Analog Devices is going to retreat back to Boston though...they have closed several sites in bay area during the last few years with only one left in San Jose.

Analog Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview

It was very nice. mostly asking about the projects on my resume. I had a regulator and a bandgap circuit and that was mostly the questions. I think it was very friendly and I was not very stressed.

Interview Questions

• Draw a simple low pass and high pass filter and draw IV curves of a bjt   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview

It took couple days to get response from a HR recruiter. The first phone interview is short for couple minutes and questions about my background and some relocate and expected salary questions. A couple days later, I was emailed for another phone interview from an engineer for all technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer