Apple Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Apple Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.3

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online and got Phone Interview offer through email. They asked me to tell them all the availability during two weeks and an available phone number. During the conversation over the phone, he started asking why I want this position and my projects

Interview Questions

• They asked about my projects in resume   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in February 2020.

Interview

In the first part the interviewer asked questions related to my CV, and also understanding about machine learning algorithms such as the difference between random forest and xgboost.

Second part is data query coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a table of user log with platform information, count daily active users on each platform (ipad, iphone, mac).   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

A phone screen with a recruiter, followed by a homework assignment, followed by an all-day onsite interview. Interviewers were kind and asked thoughtful questions at all stages. Take water and a snack to onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was prepared for this interview. I aced the take-home offline coding challenge. I correctly answered the technical challenges during the onsite. I got along with everyone on the team during lunch. After the interview I felt that I was highly qualified for the role. I surmise that it came down to culture fit. It took time and energy that could have been devoted to pursuing other prospects but it served as a good way of polishing my presentation skills for subsequent interviews.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The questions were simple. The interview was for Siri technical team. It was a 45 minutes interview. I did a resume walk through. Some general questions like tell me about yourself. What techniques we're using in this project? Explained about what they did on their team. Questions were more like a general software engineer interview.

Interview Questions

• Find the index at which the sum of left half of array is equal to the right half.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

straight forward, basic statistic questions. production questions are centered on apple's own and they expect just some basic knowledge and elaborate on thought process. Coding is leetcode easy. i think culture and team fit is very important

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Hectic but intriguing. I had one phone interview(45 mins) and then onsite round comprising of 5 rounds. The phone interview comprised of a case based on which technical and statistical questions were asked. The expectation of team was not clear as they wanted Data Scientist to know data engineering, analytics and developer work as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

1, HR calls (30 min, asking about your background)
    2, Hiring Manager ( asking more details about your projects, technical)
    3, take home assessment (data analysis take home assessment, 1 week to do)
    4, onsite interview ( 7 rounds, with managers from different teams)

Interview Questions

• loading json, how to store json file, data collection part. Questions regarding quality assurance of design of a product. Free lunch with hiring manager under 10 dollars, however, it's a INTERVIEW, he/she will ask you some projects. Asking about statistics, pdf, cdf. Meet with manager of hiring manager. Do some python.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in May 2018.

Interview

Get contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn. Schedule a phone interview one week later. Recruiter doesn't share any useful aspects on the interview. I was told that I can code in any language but turns out I need to code in Python, which is not my preferred language. Interviewer also asked a few machine learning questions and I answered them well, I believe.

Interview Questions

• what's bias variance tradeoff. How is XGBoost handling bias-variance tradeoff? Code in Python to find anagrams in a list and print out list of anagrams.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial interview steps were quite straightforward. Good conversation with the hiring manager, lots of alignment between my skills and their needs. Moved forward to technical screen, 1 hour of Python exercises and general data science reasoning. I'm not a brilliant coder but I was able to talk through my solutions and their shortcomings so I got invited to a full day on-site.

That's where things went sideways. Apple is incredibly secretive about the interview process, so not only did they not tell me who I would be meeting with, they refused to even tell me what subject matter would be covered. Naturally, I prepared in line with what I had discussed with the hiring manager and given my understanding of the role. I was then blindsided by interview after interview of highly technical machine learning and software development practice interviews, none of which focused on the actual application areas that were at the core of the role (NLP and dataset management). It was almost as if I was suddenly interviewing for a different job. Needless to say, things didn't work out.

Oh and then Apple refused to reimburse any of my expenses related to the onsite visit.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me in detail the difference between L1 and L2 regularization, specifically as regards the difference in their impact on the model training process itself   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.