Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,841 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   32 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

It went really well. Interviewers were quite friendly and helpful. Technical questions were difficult but fair. I enjoyed the process. I was offered the internship but did not accept due to another offer I received.

CPU Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hiring manager reaches out to you and schedules a telephonic interview
    The technical round is about an hour long. The interviewer touches upon all the basic concepts of architecture. Overall experience was okay. Recruiter is pretty fast at responding.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic interview

Architecture basics
      Cache coherence and Coherency protocols, Banking System, Multithreading, Operating system basics - race condition, mutex, semaphores, virtual memory, paging, fragmentation   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied in-person after meeting the store manager on a visit to the store.
    Asked about customer service experience, technical knowledge, and experience with Apple Products.
    Do you have any experience teacher groups of people simple processes on the computer.
    I got a call a few weeks later with the job offer, and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? Why do you want to work as a Sales Associate.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

General telephonic interview process. asked about my past work , roles and responsibilities. Technologies I worked on.Experience on postgresql and GIS FME. Does any body get homework assignment for apple maps?

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)).

Interview

Had 4 rounds of interview and the interview process was very detailed.
    The questions was about my previous experience and I had to explain them how I handled a complete project.
    I was also asked some scenarios and a lot of people management skill questions

Interview Questions

• If you have multiple feature requests, how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question
    • Explain where you think you could have done a project better if you look back today   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to interview shortly after. The interview was in a group format, and was essentially a discussion in which we would take turns answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one difficult issue you have had to solve and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

SOC Integration Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty much thorough. There were 6 rounds on onsight each with 45 min long. The emphasis was on Synthesis. Clock domain crossing, Verilog programming questions, Synthesis flow, PD flow, Constraint writing, past work experience, projects

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was contacted by an Apple recruiter. I was asked if I was interested in the role and asked me apply for the position on apple website
    It was my first interview. The interview started off directly with technical questions. After 3 questions, interviewer lost hope

Interview Questions

• Online interview:
      1. What is polymorphism ?
      2. Design a 3 bit shift register in verilog RTL ?
      3. For a FIFO design, what kind of assertions will you write(what conditions would you check for proper functioning of the FIFO) ?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.