Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,692 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   28 Answers

Manufacturing Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Initially, there was a recruiter call, talking about my basic experience, trying to see if there is a match. Then there was first round technical phone screen with probably the team lead, which was purely technical, and then a second round technical phone screen which was more of behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is process capability and explain a time when you had to use it   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. The first was a phone screening that had a few basic behavioral questions. The second was a small group interview in store that again featured behavioral questions, but these were more focused on your professional experiences rather than your personality or background. That night I was invited to a third in store interview which featured basic questions that were geared toward your experience with technology and Apple products. The final interview was with the flagship leader and again, more behavioral questions that were a bit tougher, but they really just wanted to get to know your story.

Store Associate Interview

Interview

It was straight forward and easy. I enjoyed it and I thought that it was enjoyable to meet all the leadership. I liked his they talked to me. It was cool. It was also food practice for future interviews that I could take in the future at different places of work.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Athens, GA (US)).

Interview

The interview process took about 4 weeks. I did a phone interview with a manager for about 15 minutes and about a week later, I had an online interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied through referral got an email a couple days back saying a team was interested in interviewing. Interviewed and never heard back even though I emailed my recruiter twice. Had to find the hiring manager's email and email them for feedback and a status update. The recruiters were very unprofessional for not being able to send a one line email saying they were moving on with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Standard Leetcode, if you go look at the apple category is extremely accurate, so I would highly recommend you study that.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

They called me for a interview just to reject me. !! I talked to almost 10 people and the interview went really good. Still they already had an inhouse woman in mind they were going to hire. The first interview didnt even look at me during the whole interview. Might as well dont waste anybody's time Apple !!

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Two phone screens and 1 full day on site where meet with 8 people. Long day then meet vp if on site goes well. HR updates along the interview process on a weekly basis. Good experience overall

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Group interview with about 40-50 people. The hiring managers (6-7) asked questions and a few people were about to answer. We were then split up into groups of 8 with 1 manager and passed around an Ipad with questions. Whatever question was on the screen when it was passed to you, you had to answer. The total thing took about and 1.5 hours. I then had a phone interview a week later, and 1 more face to face interview with a leading manager before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe where you come from and where you would like to see yourself in the next 1-5 years?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.