Arm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Arm Interview Questions

Interviews at Arm

3.1

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied on the company career site. Did a video interview with technical questions and later a phone interview with behavioral questions. There are multiple interviewers for the phone interview and everyone would ask question.

Interview Questions

• Team work experience and experience for handling difficult situation.   Answer Question

New Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

The first round was taken by a lead engineer. I was first asked briefly about my previous experience and my current studies.

The interviewer then asked me about verification tools, VHDL, Verilog and UVM.

The interview was very straight forward, however, I was not much prepared in the verification domain and therefore could not deliver the questions as per the expectation. This, however, helped me understand where I am lacking and I now know where to focus my attention.

Overall, I had a good experience. I am glad I was selected for the first round.

Interview Questions

• How do you write a test bench for decoder and ensure all slaves are receiving the correct output?   Answer Question
    • There was a coding problem to check if we are receiving inverted clock output.   Answer Question

Systems IP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm in October 2020.

Interview

Took the online test, consisting of mostly interpersonal questions with a coding test and a few questions such as explaining object-oriented programming and cache memory. Got an email 2 days later for the video interview. Interview was pretty easy, asked about communication protocols along with other basic questions regarding an inverter. However, it's been almost a month and I'm still not sure if I got the position. I've been emailing HR and they've been slow to respond and just say that they still don't know. It's kinda sad how quickly it moved at first and then just get ghosted post-interview.

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

First I present my current research project, the interviewer asked a few questions about my research
    Then the interviewer asked something about machine learning, architecture questions
    The interview lasted 30mins

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

TLDR:
    Purely awful. Glen Lipka is the definition of a middle aged white man in tech with a superiority complex shooting through Earth's stratosphere. Instead of providing constructive feedback like a normal manager, he insulted my personal intelligence and me as a human being. This is the only interview in my life where I left feeling like a lesser person and actually cried.

Longer Version:
    I conducted my interview with Glen Lipka, the Director of Product Design, where I had an initial Zoom interview and then a take home design challenge after. The initial Zoom meeting was fine and fair. There was some questions about whether I fit the role well enough or not and so we both decided to move forward with doing a take home challenge to show my hard skills. The take home challenge was vague and unclear about what the design and user goal was so I tried to pin down his meta ideas into a tangible goal, to which he told me to "interpret it as best as I can". I'm A-okay with vagueness I mean that happens a good amount of the time, so I took home the challenge and began executing on his high-level ideas of this feature with the mindset that we would talk through my designs and see where it can be expanded deeper from his concepts. This is where things took a turn for the worst.

After spending hours on the take home challenge, I had my follow up interview to present my work with Glen Lipka again. After presenting my work based off his concept, the first thing he said was "this isn't at all what I wanted". Okay, that would be fair if the task was a bit more defined and my follow up questions about nailing down the task weren't denied but that wasn't the case. I can't read your mind, I can only ask clarifying questions about the task, users, goal, constraints, etc. to try and get as close to what is encased inside his brain.

The feedback about my designs was a mix of objective feedback, personal taste, and brutal attacks. We never got to talk about where my design had strengths and weaknesses that can be expanded or improved on because he was so caught up in the fact that my design didn't match up to what he imagined in his head. If that's the case, then I would've preferred feedback such as "This feature falls short at x, y, and z because of x, y, and z. Now knowing this, how would you improve it?" or something a little bit more tangible.

To add insult to injury, there was some technical difficulties to where Figma detached all of my component instances so it looked like I didn't know how to use components. After trying to explain this bug, he said he didn't want to hear excuses and couldn't fathom the fact that none of them were attached to a component. Again...it was a Figma bug from a recent update how is that in my control? Also, it wasn't an excuse, it was a mere fact but he just went on about it for almost 10 mins.

Now we're wrapping up the interview and everything went very poorly so we both know it's not a fit for either party, which was expected and totally fair. Now, the part where I have a problem is the way he spoke to me and what he said to me. During the entirety of the design presentation, he raised his voice at me yelling. A grown man yelling at a design applicant about their design choices, listening skills, and intelligence. I felt humiliated, disgusted, and depressed about it for the following days. I don't mind tough feedback, I mind being disrespected and talked down to like dirt. This whole process made me cry at my current position, which was definitely a first for me.

I also have to add that this is not just me. Another person in my network experienced a similar "interview" process. They were actually yelled at in person during the onsite by Glen where they also reported him talking down on their intelligence pretty much in circles for the lunch section of the onsite. Again, not sure what the finer details in but thought it's worth mentioning.

Overall, this was a negative experience (obviously lol) and I would not recommend this design team to anyone in my network. Seeing how Glen treats his applicants makes me wonder how he treats his actual team. I can say with confidence that I left this interview feeling like a lesser person.

Interview Questions

Arm Response

24 Sep 2020 – Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback – we have shared this with the interviewer and they have asked to pass on the following response: I just wanted to respond to your post and say that I am deeply sorry that your experience was so awful. It certainly wasn’t my intent and there is no excuse for making you feel that way. I apologize to you sincerely and completely. (No one asked me to post this) I read every word of your experience and take it very seriously. I don’t want anyone in the future to feel that way. If you want to give any further feedback or discuss further, please feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Manager Saiji Ishizaki (saiji.ishizaki@arm.com) but I understand if you prefer to stay anonymous. Lastly, I just want to say that every experience can be a learning one (for us both) and I hope that you continue to design and reach all of your career goals.

Marketing Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arm (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

This was an absolute HORRIBLE experience!

Submitted an application for the role, was contacted by a Talent Acquisition Partner for interview, promptly responded with my availability and waited 2 days for a response only to get an automated message stating that I am no longer being considered without interviewing for the position.

HR needs to get their act together. Can’t help feel this was a racist act.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability to speak by phone for this position?   1 Answer

Arm Response

22 Jun 2020 – Senior Director, Employee Experience EMEA

Thank you for your feedback – we are sorry that this hasn’t been a great experience for you and will share your comments with our hiring team. Sometimes activity moves fast on a role and it can be that opportunities are closed earlier than expected – we would like to reassure you though that Arm is a diverse employer and we focus our recruiting considerations on the individual skills and capabilities of candidates. If you would like to discuss your feedback any further please feel free to contact me, my email is ben.murphy-ryan@arm.com

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd-party recruiter for a position with ARM Treasure Data. After a phone screen with the recruiter and a phone screen with the hiring manager, I went onsite to meet with a handful of interviewers. I never heard from ARM Treasure Data again. I did have a follow-up exchange with the recruiter ("How'd it go?"), but no rejection ever came. Ghosted, despite coming onsite. This was months ago.

Interview Questions

• What process would you use to establish a process for prioritizing work on the the roadmap?   Answer Question

Full Stack Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

Interview process was really professional and would like to work with the team . Started with a initial screening process which is a phone interview and then was given a coding challenge to develop an application in react

Interview Questions

• To build a application in react   2 Answers

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

Interview went really well, at last they asked a technical question about an inverter with flipped pmos nmos which I didnt do well on. I then discovered this is a standard interview question which is unfair.

Interview Questions

• Behavior of inverter with switched pmos and nmos   1 Answer

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arm (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

30 minutes of zoom interview. The interviewer wanted to know about my past experience and how I was gonna be a good fit for the company. Shared screen and showed her one of my project.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.