AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Interviews at AstraZeneca

1. Featured Interview

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

It was an average interview.They will ask more questions on projects and area of interests.And 2 rounds of HR further of around one hour and 15 minutes which was easy compared to tech interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone screen and than a face to face. Really liked the two people I interviewed with and one of the best interviews I've ever had. Three weeks later and nothing. Pretty sure my age held me back.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2020.

Interview

GHOSTED: I interviewed and then face to face. They assured me that I would hear back the following week and .. nothing. It's been 3 weeks. No rejection, no response to my follow up emails, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to go against the established norms.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by an AZ recruiter on LinkedIn. Had a phone screen with the recruiter, hiring manager, and then brought onsite. Interviews were fine and received a verbal offer the next day. It was the offer process that was horrible because they did bait and switching of the role and then ultimately rescinded the offer to “go with an internal candidate who can start right away” despite start date never being discussed with me. First, I had explained from the start with the recruiter I couldn’t immediately relocate to Delaware and they said I could commute indefinitely. 1 week after I received the offer, they came back and said I needed to move right away. I said I needed to consult my husband. A couple days later, I was about to accept after looking into costs of getting an additional apartment in Delaware, but then they rescinded the offer saying they found an internal candidate who could start right away. Note that start date was never discussed so I’m sure this was BS. Thank god I didn’t quit my current job, the bait and switching put a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Online application with essay, phone screen, then fly you out to their HQ (Gaithersburg office). The in-person interview was all day and consisted of a group case study, an essay on something like where the pharma industry will bein 5 years (50 minutes to write it), a case presentation you prepare beforehand and present to a couple of people, and there was a one on one interview at the end I believe

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions mostly, go in with some knowledge about pharmaceuticals, general problem solving, critical thinking, etc   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Had initial phone screen with HR, followed by another phone screening with the hiring manager. This was then followed by in-person interview with the hiring manager and the team member. Since another member on the panel was not available, had a follow up Skype interview. Also, had to answer several preliminary questions and prepare a skills presentation and send prior to the in-person interview. There was almost a month gap between the phone screens and the in-person and Skype interview. After all this they said although I have the skills, I'm not the right candidate. Can't the hiring manager decide during the preliminary screening and in-person interview whether the candidate is a good fit or not? Why waste everyone's time by having a follow up interview?

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did the right thing despite opposition from other team member(s)?   Answer Question

Senior Contracts Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Panel interview; behavioral based structure. You are expected to align your answers to the questions based on the company's stated values. If you are not familiar with the STAR method of interview questions, get familiar with this before your interview.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us a time when you went above and beyond to accomplish a task"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was with the previous co-op and the manager. It was over skype. Very simple. I asked me a few basic questions and I got to ask mine too. I later got to go in and see the offices and meet the team.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The US based team were OK. But the UK based computational chemistry team were very rude and mean. It made me very uncomfortable. Overall, a big corporate culture, did not feel like these was a place to grow and learn, but rather a place to crank up the machine and produce $$$ for the investors.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Coppell, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone and had a second in person panel interview and it went fine. I was offered the position and while in the process of accepting they decreased the pay I was to receive and dramatically reduced the duration of the contract position without explanation. They wouldn't answer phone calls when I tried to discuss the changes and never called me back. I ended up not accepting the position based on the changes/lack of communication. I probably dodged a bullet if that is how they conduct business. So disappointed in this company..Thought they would be more professional and upfront.

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

After 3 phone interviews with different teams and groups, I ended up having a meeting with the team.

The meeting was supposed to be with 4 people - as was communicated in an email - but a project manager (in person), and a business relationship manager (remotely) attended the meeting. From the beginning, I had a feeling that it seems they already had decided about their candidate and just had to have this meeting. Questions were ok, but at some point, I lost my dedication to the discussion. On a couple of occasions, I expected them to follow up on what I just said, but they had some notes from my resume to just ask and fill the time.

As a senior engineer I have been involved in tens of interviews as an interviewer, so I know what it takes to prepare for an interview, and how people work together before the interview to come up with questions and strategies. Especially when it comes to hiring for a senior position. This was not something I excepted from AstraZeneca and was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me? (while looking at a clock, 40 minutes before the end time that was communicated)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.